A mooring gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gumbalaya

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Rosi Heyerdahl
Vessel Make
Inter-Leja Eurobanker 34’
When I just recently bought the boat I signed a lifetime mooring contract because the shipyard owner's logic made a ton of sense to me:

"Look, a water-side property in Switzerland costs millions IF YOU GET ONE AT ALL. Now, chances are: your neighbor is an *******. When you meet an ******* at the river or around your mooring: you simply turn the key."

Plus, with this view I just had to take that spot for good!

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpg
    IMG_2415.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_2418.jpg
    IMG_2418.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 218
When I just recently bought the boat I signed a lifetime mooring contract because the shipyard owner's logic made a ton of sense to me:

"Look, a water-side property in Switzerland costs millions IF YOU GET ONE AT ALL. Now, chances are: your neighbor is an *******. When you meet an ******* at the river or around your mooring: you simply turn the key."

Plus, with this view I just had to take that spot for good!

Great advice! Truer words were never spoken! Gotta love a berth or mooring with a million dollar view!

There's not much above us on our boats.

If you guys had a covered slip in Northern CA, you'd never have problems with sea gulls or weather...or water leaks...or too much sun...

Of course, I don't leave the bay either. With 1000 miles of waterways to explore and enjoy in perfect weather with few bugs and little humidity, I have no reason to leave!

Of course, I don't leave the bay either. With 1000 miles of waterways to explore and enjoy in perfect weather with few bugs and little humidity, I have no reason to leave!

Of course, the "bay." The San Francisco estuary contains many inland bays, rivers and sloughs that can keep one busy indefinitely, and then if one has a bit of adventure, one can venture to Half Moon and Drake's Bays on the eastern edge of the Pacific Ocean within a day's trip.

If you guys had a covered slip in Northern CA, you'd never have problems with sea gulls or weather...or water leaks...or too much sun...

Best to be among sailboats which are more attractive to gulls. Less fire danger outside of a covered booth too. My biggest problem is spiders. Don't see how a covered berth would help there. :eek:

Best to be among sailboats which are more attractive to gulls. Less fire danger outside of a covered booth too. My biggest problem is spiders. Don't see how a covered berth would help there. :eek:

But they keep even greater numbers of bugs away. So, there.

Back
Top Bottom