Old 11-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #21
Veteran Member

City: New Haven, Ct
Vessel Name: Irma Jane
Vessel Model: Mainship 34 Pilot
Spicer’s Marina in Noank, CT, does not have a swimming pool but it would hit all of your other buttons including a fabulous Yanmar certified shop. Really nice condition docks, reasonable prices, very protected yet you’re on the Sound behind Fishers Island in five minutes.

A nice hidden Marina is up the Connecticut River: Chrisholm near Chester and Haddam, CT. Very nice grounds, nice people, low prices. Downside is it’s quite a trip down the river to get to the Sound but it’s a very nice trip.

I think I have been to every Brewers Marina in the Sound. They are all very nice With great service and beautiful grounds with everything you want. They are literally double or triple the price of these others.

Symphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #22

City: Port Canaveral
Essex Island is perhaps one of the nicest marinas out there in terms of scenery, the town, and amenities. Slips on the River have current, around back do not. The Shipyard is there too and costs a touch less. Brewers can coordinate just about any repair. They are known to be a little more costly, but also have a reputation for good work. For winterization there is the option of going up the River a bit- forget the name of the place. Somewhere in Portland I think, maybe Perzols. The staff at Safe Harbors is the same as the staff at brewers, and are wonderful people. The ride from Albany is easy too, you just pick up Route 9 off I91 south.

jameshalpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:24 AM   #23
Guru

Quote:
For winterization there is the option of going up the River a bit- forget the name of the place. Somewhere in Portland I think, maybe Perzols
It's Petzol's and they are Silverton and ex Mainship/dealers.
Also I store at Yankee Boatyard, also in Portland.
Portland Boat Works and Riverside are also Portland options.
Mystic,Ct. /New Port Richey,Fl
jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #24
TF Site Team

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony View Post

I think I have been to every Brewers Marina in the Sound.
This is the convergence of 3 sounds (Long Island Sound, Block Island Sound, Fishers Island Sound). Get just East of Block Island and you're in Rhode Island Sound.

Referring to "The Sound" is a little vague in this area and would have locals scratching their heads.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #25

City: North Brunswick
Marina on Connecticut side of lis

My wife and I went through a similar experience. We live in central New Jersey. We sailed Long Island sound and islands for 35 years before moving to a power boat. Want a drive of 2 1/2 to 3 hours and a a marina that had amenities. For many reasons we decided that Essex island marina fit the best. There is current but is managed, well protected. Lots of grass and no cars.

Harry47 is offline   Reply With Quote