Marina Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah saw this on the news the other day. Shame hey! Lucky no one was seriously injured. Don't feel bad about sleeping through it. I once slept through a cyclone when I was camping in a tent. Woke up in the morning with cars turned upside down, trees on tents, roof of the shower block missing. I was like wtf happened and everyone was looking at me like I what, didn't you hear it??? Lol

Last edited:
Not sure which is more amazing, you sleeping through that fire, or Hendo sleeping through a cyclone.

This happened in my marina's parking lot. Three cars burned up and two more badly burned.

Attachments

• SANY0100.jpg
    SANY0100.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 131
Sleeping through a hurricane (cyclone) is not as hard as it sounds. After spending four days and almost 48 hrs straight moving Bay Pelican, stripping everything of value off and preparing her for the storm I went to a motel, crashed and woke to brilliant sunshine. Didn't even notice that water sort of seeped under the door of the motel room.

Marty

Don't know if you guys have seen this. But if you haven't join the club this happened at my marina and I slept through it.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

News gal (kinda under her breath toward vid end) mentioned there was a "small boat seen leaving the area", sounded as though she was intimating skulduggery may have been at play... marina terrorists now... Geeezzz!

Guns & bullets, bows & arrows, spear gun, seeds, rod n' reel n' hooks w/some chum! LOL, sort a...

News gal (kinda under her breath toward vid end) mentioned there was a "small boat seen leaving the area", sounded as though she was intimating skulduggery may have been at play... marina terrorists now... Geeezzz!...
That was made clear in the news reports, the boat was shown on security CCTV of the Marina. It could be related or not, there are a variety of reasons, none good, why someone might do something.
I`ve just come from watching the fire brigade extinguish a small bushfire burning in the 40 acres of bush we adjoin, 200yards from my house. I smelt smoke, found the fire location and called up. The police came, another local saw someone exiting the bush after the fire began and called them,I saw someone near the seat of the fire too. Not good, but it happens.

News gal (kinda under her breath toward vid end) mentioned there was a "small boat seen leaving the area", sounded as though she was intimating skulduggery may have been at play... marina terrorists now... Geeezzz!

Guns & bullets, bows & arrows, spear gun, seeds, rod n' reel n' hooks w/some chum! LOL, sort a...

I believe you may be acquainted with our Mr Murdoch, well yours now actually, he changed his allegiance.

That was made clear in the news reports, the boat was shown on security CCTV of the Marina. It could be related or not, there are a variety of reasons, none good, why someone might do something.
I`ve just come from watching the fire brigade extinguish a small bushfire burning in the 40 acres of bush we adjoin, 200yards from my house. I smelt smoke, found the fire location and called up. The police came, another local saw someone exiting the bush after the fire began and called them,I saw someone near the seat of the fire too. Not good, but it happens.

So... You feel it may be that both fires were set? Bummer! Glad that it seems no innocent person harmed and that your and neighbors house were spared. Unfortunate for boats lost and the marina itself. F'd up fire starters and the like are just another reason why we responsible persons pay such high insurance. Our house is nestled in a forest on a relatively accessible mountain side (actually it more like an group of enormous hills creating a valley where there are several small towns). Our town has 313 +/- residents. We keep our smellers open all the time and our county's main fire station is 1.5 miles away with a hydrant 200 ft from our house!:D

Irrespective to other ills of our legal system, I believe that when scoundrels are proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have produced acts such as this they each should be dealt with much more severely than current laws allow. Depending on situation I believe in “Turn the other cheek”... and sometimes it is absolutely correct for “An eye for an eye”. With a-holes such as we are in discussion about here the latter remedy should maybe expanded to – “Two eyes for an eye!”
:thumb:

I believe you may be acquainted with our Mr Murdoch, well yours now actually, he changed his allegiance.

Duh... ??? Me no unter-stand! :dance:

Please further enlighten... :confused: Thanks! :speed boat:

I'm probably missing something here! :popcorn::facepalm: :whistling:

Last edited:
ART "Duh... ??? Me no unter-stand! "

There is a company in this country called News Corp. Then there is 21st Century Fox. Rupert Murdoch, originally of Australia. Some of their businesses that you may have heard of:

1.jpg

2.jpg

OH - That Mr. Murder-dock! Now I unter-stand your angle! lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom