Old 08-15-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Clearwater, FL
Vessel Name: Living Waters
Vessel Model: 36' Grand Banks Classic
Marathon Key, FL

We used to live in Marathon Key, FL in the 90's and owned a home there. Now we want to stay in a marina there for a week. We love Faro Blanco resort, but its a little expensive for 1 week, any suggestions on other marinas in Marathon that have a pool???
Fishing Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

City: WIXOM
Vessel Name: INCOGNITO
Vessel Model: 34 MARINE TRADER
Marathon Marina

The Boat House, 12399 Overseas Hwy had a nice pool preIrma. Some dock owners are/were investors who rent slips. I own a slip there where i keep my boat. I know nothing about the technicalities of renting there, but some itinerants have said the pricing was good. I hope to get down there soon to survey storm damage.
Newport, MI ................. Marathon, FL
MICH MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #3

City: Marathon
Vessel Name: silver gift
Vessel Model: 45 jefferson
Try Blackfin resort, Coconut Cay, Banana Bay, all on the gulfside,but don't know how they faired in the Strom. Might be want you are looking for. Marathon marina Oceanside in boot key has a pool but Oceanside was hit pretty hard.
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Mr Ape, Incognito landed in flowerbed at resort that wants her gone. I am also in need of local knowledge Marathon if you might be so kind. Logistics nightmare, too many fared much worse. ie. wire height O.S.Hwy 1, bottom repair yard (with less than 2 month wait to get on waiting list) etc.
Mr Fool, the pool at Coral Lagoon is again open. I can call around about dockage there if you like.
I do enjoy the like-minded peoples on this forum. Best
Old 10-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #5
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
In Marathon, White Marlin, Shelter Bay, Faro Blanco, Marathon Boat Yard, and Banana Bay are open.

Many of the others are mostly projected to not open until the end of the month.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #6

City: Marathon
Vessel Name: silver gift
Vessel Model: 45 jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICH MIKE View Post
Mr Ape, Incognito landed in flowerbed at resort that wants her gone. I am also in need of local knowledge Marathon if you might be so kind. Logistics nightmare, too many fared much worse. ie. wire height O.S.Hwy 1, bottom repair yard (with less than 2 month wait to get on waiting list) etc.
Mr Fool, the pool at Coral Lagoon is again open. I can call around about dockage there if you like.
I do enjoy the like-minded peoples on this forum. Best
Sorry to hear that your boat got washed ashore. We sold our slip at Harbour Cay Club in July and stayed at Faro until mid August. Came back to Ft Lauderdale and condo. Harbour Cay Club got hit ,but just minor compared to other people. The keys will be in repair for sometime and boat yards will have plenty of work. Drift wood marina got hit real hard as a surge came thru and wiped out all the boats stored on the hard,friend lost his there. Also four members were moored in Boot Key mooring field and lost their boat as the dingy dock broke free and wiped out several moorings and sunk their boats when the surge came in. Some were insured but by the time they got to them and refloated they were trashed. One ended up in the Mangroves by the bridge, and was one of the last to be savaged. His boat is a mold factory and he is still trying to settle with insurance. The keys will return better . You cannot drown a conch!!! Conch Life!!!
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #7
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: Have to watch them too.

Lions punter Sam Martin had to miss six weeks of the NFL regular season (after missing all of training camp) due to an injury that had fans puzzled. It was only listed as a foot injury, and Martin called it a "freak accident" upon his return. According to Justin Rogers of The Detroit News, however, Martin had good reason to be clandestine about what happened.

Rogers says that Martin was vacationing in the Bahamas, and either a.) stepped on a conch shell or b.) dropped it on his foot. Conch shells have highly irregular, angular shapes, so it stands to reason that stepping on one would be like stepping on a Lego in terms of pain. The injury put Martin on the non-football injury list, and the rest is embarrassing history.

From CBS Sports.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Conch Life is a beautiful thing! Iknow the keys will return better, I call it Irman Renewal.Finns call it SISU. I am back in Marathon in a landyacht at Bonefish RV trying to sort things out. I think 2 winters on the hard should give me time to get my boat right. Marina 54 shows some promise if Tony can trailer her w/out FB removal. Driftwood - call back 1-2 months.Many yards NO do-it-yourselfers.Will pedal over to Outta The Blue today for a look see. I can bandaid to float her and tow maybe.Still finding iffy stuff ie. props beat-shaft logs?rudder seal? termite tunnels,still looking.Also shopping house w/ dock here for long term.Hard to get on island time when in a dither! Harbor Club sounds like good community.I hope I'm unsinkable.Thanks for ear and shoulder. Best,Mike