Old 06-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Baton Rouge
Madisonville, Louisiana area marinas

Who here has any long term stays at marinas in Madisonville or Mandeville, LA?

My wife and I are looking for a long term spot (eventual liveaboard) for a boat we now have under contract to purchase. I have sent one member (Star) a PM asking these questions. I think they keep theirs in Madisonville. But I haven't gotten a response.

I'm looking for opinions on the various marinas for long term berthing.

Thanks for your thoughts.
T4Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #2

City: Lafayette, LA
Vessel Name: presently boatless
I can't recommend Marina Del Ray; most docks are still in bad shape and I don't think they allow liveaboards. Marina Beau Chenes up the river however, is a first class marina and a great hurricane hole.
ragin cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

City: Baton Rouge
Thanks. I intend to check out Beau Chene. I had already ruled out Del Ray because of conditions and reviews.

Any experience with any of the others? Salty's? Hidden Harbor? Prieto in Mandeville?
T4Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #4

City: Lafayette, LA
Vessel Name: presently boatless
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Liberty View Post
Any experience with any of the others? Salty's? Hidden Harbor? Prieto in Mandeville?
I have no 1st hand experience with any of the above. I have heard of good reviews of Prieto's. If you get on active captain there are reviews of north shore marinas on the lake. I've stayed at Del Ray and Beau Chenes hence my response.
ragin cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #5
Guru

City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
Forum member Kartracer is, I believe, still in Madisonville. I am not sure at which marina, you might post this same inquiry on the Gulf Coast section of the Cruising and events section of the forum maybe they will see it there.
I am sorry to hear bad reviews of Marina del Ray we spent a few days there about 8 years ago it was quite nice then.
Good luck!
Old 06-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Liberty View Post
Who here has any long term stays at marinas in Madisonville or Mandeville, LA?

My wife and I are looking for a long term spot (eventual liveaboard) for a boat we now have under contract to purchase. I have sent one member (Star) a PM asking these questions. I think they keep theirs in Madisonville. But I haven't gotten a response.

I'm looking for opinions on the various marinas for long term berthing.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I just moved from Marina Del Ray to Salty's across the street. I was in a covered slip on the new "E" dock. I had a very pleasant experience at MDR and the only reason that I moved was to be docked next to a longtime close friend at Salty's. There are plans to add many more covered slips on the E dock beginning this month. Good water and power. Again, I enjoyed my time at MDR.
pcutrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:24 AM   #7
Guru

City: Houma, Louisiana
Vessel Name: M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Model: 45ft Bluewater Coastal
I have been in Marina Del Ray on a river slip for about 2 months now. No wake action due to the no wake zone that runs through the town of Madisonville and the bridge about 200 yards up river from us. Across the river are the Madisonville city docks; get to see all the boats that come in for supper or the weekends,and the multi-million homes across the river. I get a better view than the home owner for only 270 a month. Docks all floating, no electrical problems, garbage pickup on time, someone from the marina office comes by often to check if every thing going well. The marinas in Madisonville have stepped up their game. All doing some kind of improvements. Oak Harbor has remove ALL old pilings, docks and electrical and started new, looks great and filling up fast.

River slips have gated parking for you and your guest
kartracer is offline   Reply With Quote