Harbor Host or Docking Host

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
Should we have a category on TF for people that live or have a place on the water that are willing to have cruiser stay at their dock when passing though. This would be a free stay and of course set your own rules. I have noticed other forum have this, hoping it could be set up by states to make places easy to find. I find it so interesting when boaters stop by to hear about their adventures.

What you think!!!!!

I second the motion, great idea!

A TF Cruising Guide?

We need a place to list all these generous offers.

There is a RV club named Boondockers which does exactly that. We also RV and find Boondockers an excellent alternative to overpriced, crowded or unavailable campgrounds. Hosts and guests are vetted by reputation through feedback. We host here in Florida during the winter. You meet very nice people on a non-commercial basis. Actually I think the concept is brilliant. I don't see why the business model would not readily adapt to cruising. Please, someone with the entrepreneurial skills, wherewithal put this together!

Last edited:
A great idea. Even better than what I first thought about whether to have a marina or dock hoist!

Great Idea

Wonderful idea. We have seen this idea on the SENTOA website. And we may actually take advantage of it when we bring the NT down to Florida in May. We would have no problem with it except we do not have the room at our dock for another boat, plus some of the members have boats that would be a challenge to bring up our canal. We did offer to let one or two of the traveling TF members to stay here as long as they could anchor in the P.I. sound and dinghy in, or we could go out on our boat and bring them in.

Is there really nothing like this already? Sort of a cross between ActiveCaptain and AirBnB. A web site where people could post as a host or as a cruiser looking for a berth.

It would be pretty easy to set up. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom