Bakers Haulover in North Miami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should be fine . The inlet can be rough if the tide in going out with a strong North ,Northeast,, East wind. Stay to the east side channel ,by marina, then head thru the inlet until you get past the jetty's. You do have a fixed bridge ,but with your Krogen you should be fine.

Greetings,
Mr. M. I don't know any specifics of that particular inlet BUT I would STRONGLY caution you to NOT venture out when there is ANY north aspect to the wind. Meaning IF the wind is anywhere from N to ENE, stay in port please.

Since Miami Beach has become inhospitable, I'm looking for another place to wait for a crossing. I'm not enamored with No Name.

Since Miami Beach has become inhospitable, I'm looking for another place to wait for a crossing. I'm not enamored with No Name.

I suspect there's a hidden message in this post but would you mind sharing it with those of us who don't know?

Marine Trawler Owner’s Association and the American Great Loop Cruisers Association are collecting funds for hiring a lobbyist.

I just donated and see many have already.

Greetings,
The anchoring stumbling block seems to be focused on abandoned/derelict boats. I agree that "problem boats" should not be allowed to clutter an anchorage. I am not fully aware of the current situation but has a time limit for continued anchorage been proposed to possibly assuage the concerns of the landowners? Perhaps a 3 or 4 day limit or a week even?

Last edited:
No Name is actually the name of a harbor on the end of Key Biscayne. There is a dock and a restaurant with a dock there. You are not allowed to overnight at the dock.

We've anchored just west of the inlet at what I think is called the University Anchorage which is real good. Has shore access and good wind pertection.

The article shown above is a year old. Currently you can't tie up a dink on Miami Beach other than 20 minutes at the police dock, can't anchor in the same location for more than 7 days, and specific areas have overnight restrictions.

Anchoring in the Marine Stadium may be a bit hectic now, they are setting up a 400 slip marina for the boat show in there right now.

Wifey B: I figured his real reason was that after topless South Beach he wanted to check out nude Haulover. :rofl::devil::angel:

Meridian, not sure whether you are looking to cross, anchor, or get involved with stopping the temporary laws from becoming permanent.

You can still anchor in the stadium area, but after this weekend they'll probably make you relocate. Currently there are three boats there, one looks to be transient. Most of the liveaboards have already moved out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom