Old 09-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
Guru

City: St. Lucie VILLAGE -NOT- Port St. Lucie!!!!!
Vessel Model: 15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
1993 4588 freshwater and covered since new.

Maybe one of you potential loopers or liveaboards will find this vessel of interest.
This is the very last model year of the very popular Bayliner 45' Pilothouse Motoryacht. She has the 250hp Hino (Toyota) diesels, 12.5kw gen, Marine ACs, Sat TV, 3 reverse cycle air conditioners plus 4 electric baseboard heaters.

She's never seen salt. Sold new in Little Rock Arkansas, sold to a buyer in Knoxville (trucked) who purchased a 4788 from me-who sold her to her current owner. She's always been in the hands of owners (3) with deep pockets. She sold most recently for $245k. Prices have dropped 50% in the past years so obviously you can now buy her right. ALWAYS under cover in freshwater.

Upgraded interior with Teak and Holly sole done in 2013 by Sea Ray craftsmen from Knoxville after that plant shut down. She's represented to be in way above average condition. The head ex-Meridian marketing executive from Brunswick went and took a look at her as a favor to me, and shot many of these photos. He say's "she shows extremely well".
The seller commissioned a buyers survey at my recommendation but the "surveyor" who charged $18.70 a foot did such a lousy job that his report was less than I would expect for a $200.00 "pre-survey inspection", so it's worthless. He gave a very high value for her, but it turned out he based that value on a previous survey he did of this boat in 2011, which he based THAT value- NOT on comps, but "I just looked on Yachtworld and added 40% for freshwater". A surveyor SHOULD have a subscription to Soldboats.com imho. He provided NO equipment list, nor any photos. The owner threatened to stop payment on his American Express Bill if he didn't refund his money. He did. If you would like to see my email exchanges with this "surveyor" requesting he present us a REAL survey-I will be happy to send it to you!
That said- this boat is VERY NICE, and is a value on the market. Full specs on my site (the photos open much larger, and each have comments) at $115k (the magic number) and on Yachtworld at $125k You can choose which you would like to pay. You definitely will want to bring in a REAL surveyor from elsewhere, as this local guy who said "I've done 300 surveys" This guy is the worst I've ever run across, and I feel sorry for any of the owners of those 300 boats!
Baylinerpilothouse.com
MUCH info on this marque at the baylinerownersclub.org site under motoryachts.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0025.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	32799

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0024.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	32800

Name:	DSCN0027.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	32801

Name:	DSCN0029.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	32802

Name:	DSCN0028.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	32803

Name:	DSCN0032.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	32804

Name:	DSCN0041.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	32805

Name:	DSCN0042.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	32806

Name:	DSCN0037.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	32807

Name:	DSCN0039.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	32808
In giving my professional appraisal of the vessel I took off $ for the new sole as it's not original. Unless customization is done to an extremely high standard (such as the 98 4788 on my site) the changes detract from the value, the same as chopping the top on a truck. I sold a nice 89 salt water 45 for $100k, and another 89 freshwater, shed kept 45 for $105k both in 2014. This is a 1993- she's worth every penny of her asking price(s).

Yacht Broker/Owner since 1984, Florida License #32
pilothouse king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Guru

Vessel Model: 15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
If an owner is good enough to show you a boat during snow flurries to meet your schedule, at least be polite enough to acknowledge this and give us some feedback. This is why brokers are so leery of buyers in this price range and not so enthusiastic to jump through hoops when you say jump. It's just common courtesy.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:32 AM   #3

City: Edmonds
Hey Blake,

As a happy owner of a 1997 4788, I would want to know the following. Is there a dinghy included? I didn't see one. Have the Hinos been properly serviced? Finally, in your opinion is she ready for The Loop? In about three years I will want to buy a boat just like that to do the loop with another couple.

She looks great --

Rob
Robster_in_edmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
Guru

A happy 4788 owner isn't likely to go back to an older smaller boat will you? With the way 4788 prices are falling on the east coast you can buy a newer 4788 for purty cheap. In three years from now there might not even be a Great Loop if they close off the routes from the Illinois River to Lake Michigan which is being heavily lobbied by Great Lakes interests to stop the Asian carp from spreading.
This 45 has been a freshwater river cruiser since new that returns to its covered slip after use. No need for tenders or fancy electronics in that scenario. A couple from North Alabama who saw her are waiting for my personal inspection of a 94 4788 a fellow wants to trade me ($130k)for a 5788 before making a formal (verbal was rejected) offer on the 45'. I finally heard back from the fellow who was shown her during the snow flurries, and he (along with this couple) report that her salon floor is done "very well, with high grade materials, and her engine room, and engines appear as brand new". Thanks for looking.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:46 PM   #5

City: Gainesville GA
Vessel Name: Looking for a trawler at this time
Would Love to have her in my ministry, all the military vets and missionaries would be blessed to spend a few days out on her. Just one problem ... $$

Good luck finding her a great home.
captain.pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
Guru

City: Northport
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.pappy View Post
Would Love to have her in my ministry, all the military vets and missionaries would be blessed to spend a few days out on her. Just one problem ... $$

Good luck finding her a great home.

Hello Capt Pappy - this post you responded to is more than 3 years old.

smitty477 is offline   Reply With Quote