Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	28482  

Gulfstar 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #22
Guru

City: Tuckerton, NJ
Vessel Name: WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Model: 36 Gulstar MarkII
Hello I thought I would introduce myself. I am purchasing a 1976 36 Mark II Gulfstar trawler. My model has the twin Perkins 4-236 engines but the generator is an upgraded 8kw 1800rpm Westerbeke. The owners accepted my offer, the initial hull survey passed I have 2 minor small blistering less than 3" near the starboard strut and a 1" area on the port side rudder. The boat has few options I'm not new to boating. The engines look pristine and they have relatively low hours for the boats age. Sea trial will be next week. In preparation for the sea trial I had my diesel mechanic and a fuel polishing company with the owners permission and open the tank, we tried polishing the fuel but it was 4 years old so the broker, my mechanic and the fuel testing guys all agreed the fuel needed to be evacuated. I'm waiting on a small fuel delivery putting 60 to 70 gallons in for sea trial and after. The boat was maintained with an open checkbook. 2 years ago when the owners had her pulled the engines and generator were gone over all the belts, hoses, filters and oil was changed.
I am looking forward to starting a blog on modernizing this classic. It has an upper helm and I remain undecided if I'm going to remove it and have a Sedan Trawler.
My 1975 sales brochure had the boat at $45k.
Billy
Current boat Wireless One
Little Egg, NJ
1993 Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge

Billylll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #23
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. B. My goodness gracious. FB or not? Almost as contentious an issues as (gasp) anchors. MY take, keep the FB and live with it for a few years.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #24

City: Kent Island
Vessel Name: Sundowner
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 36 MrkII
Welcome! I also have the Mrk II. I would be interested in seeing that brochure if you can scan and upload it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billylll View Post
Hello I thought I would introduce myself. I am purchasing a 1976 36 Mark II Gulfstar trawler. My model has the twin Perkins 4-236 engines but the generator is an upgraded 8kw 1800rpm Westerbeke. The owners accepted my offer, the initial hull survey passed I have 2 minor small blistering less than 3" near the starboard strut and a 1" area on the port side rudder. The boat has few options I'm not new to boating. The engines look pristine and they have relatively low hours for the boats age. Sea trial will be next week. In preparation for the sea trial I had my diesel mechanic and a fuel polishing company with the owners permission and open the tank, we tried polishing the fuel but it was 4 years old so the broker, my mechanic and the fuel testing guys all agreed the fuel needed to be evacuated. I'm waiting on a small fuel delivery putting 60 to 70 gallons in for sea trial and after. The boat was maintained with an open checkbook. 2 years ago when the owners had her pulled the engines and generator were gone over all the belts, hoses, filters and oil was changed.
I am looking forward to starting a blog on modernizing this classic. It has an upper helm and I remain undecided if I'm going to remove it and have a Sedan Trawler.
My 1975 sales brochure had the boat at $45k.
Billy
Current boat Wireless One
Little Egg, NJ
1993 Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge
Gulfstar 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #25
Guru

City: Tuckerton, NJ
Vessel Name: WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Model: 36 Gulstar MarkII
It's in PDF format, I'll rescan it tomorrow so I can post it. It actually says $43,800.00 as equipped.I just e-mailed it to you, it should be there by now...
Billylll

Billylll is offline   Reply With Quote