Old 12-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #21

City: PICKWICK LAKE, BEAR CREEK
Vessel Model: Tiara 33 - Open - twin perkins
First post has a link to the listing and asso. pics. Several of the engines. Take a look and see. Standard Perkins design. Us land locked newbies are always in a learning curve. Add old to the equation and the outcome is not always pretty.
Thanks in advance for the assist.

BinkleyBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #22

Sunchaser

Perkins manual states. " Indirect cooling" Meaning heat exchanger with closed loop cooling with raw water used as the cooling medium. The raw water is then injected into the exhust silencing system.

BinkleyBoat

Old 12-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #23
Veteran Member

City: Nashville TN
Vessel Name: Miss Rita
Vessel Model: 1978 Gulfstar 44MC
Nashville

We live in Nashville and have seen the boat, Love to get together in Jan.
SteveandZoila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #24

That would be great. The boats at the blue turtle/aka/black jack cove on ole hickory lake.
Could you recommend a marina that hulls and has maintenance services?
Need bottom cleaned, painted and a few other things, actually more than a few.

BinkleyBoat
Old 04-17-2016, 06:59 PM   #25
Veteran Member

City: Spring Park
Since it's still on the market, I assume something came up. Could you share that with me?
mkinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:57 PM   #26

City: Huntsville, AL
Not sure what happened with the previous deal, but I am the new owner of this boat. We closed on it the beginning of June and spent a few weeks getting ready to move it to ditto landing in south Huntsville, AL. We left on Friday June 17 and completed the approximately 500 mile trip on Monday June 20th. There was a lot of engine work done to the boat but I was still scared as hell to take a boat that had been sitting that long on such a long trip. Aside from some minor fluid leaks, the engines did great. The only major issue was the water pump bracket for the generator. The bolts just sheared right off. We were able to rig up the bracket with some screw drivers and old paint brushes and hold it on with zip ties to complete the last two days. Funny, but it worked LOL. This boat need lots of bottom work in my opinion. There are many blisters, all,thru hulls are old and need replacing and I believe the stern tubes are also leaking and need to be resealed but I knew this would be a project and we have several years before we plan to do any major cruising to get things fixed up. I am sure I will be posting from time to time with questions. I have already fixed so many issues that I can't even remember them all and still have a laundry list of stuff to work on but we are loving it so far. Look forward to assisting others any way I can.
tobyyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:55 AM   #27
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Hi TBY. Glad to see the vessel finally landed. Good luck with the renovation and keep us posted on the progress. Sounds like you've taken a boat through the project and rehab phase before.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #28

City: Huntsville, AL
Thanks Sun. I have not tackled a project this big before but I have plenty of experience with engines and the various systems on boats so I will get there it is just going to take some time.

Binkley. If you catch this thread I would love to know if it was something boat related that caused this deal to fall through for you. The more problems I am aware of the better. Thanks

tobyyost is offline   Reply With Quote