Old 01-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #1

City: Tampa, FL
Gulfstar 43 Dimensions

Thinking about going to look at a Gulfstar 43, with the twin berths in the after cabin. Before I do, I am hoping to get some comments from someone who has one.

First off, wondering what the length of the twin berths in the back is. Second question is, from the layout diagrams I've seen, it looks like the knee-room, in the forward head, when sitting down, might be a bit tight. Is that true? If so, how seriously so?

I'm 6' tall, so the headroom isn't an issue, but I've been on some trawlers where the berths were just barely long enough for me, and where my knees are banging against the door or the bulkhead when using the head.

Don't want to waste my time if these things are going to be issues with the G-43, so thanks for any information you can provide.

denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

City: Ashland City, TN
Vessel Name: Tinker Belle
Vessel Model: 1973 Gulfstar 43 Trawler
I own a Gulfstar 43 trawler. I find both heads very roomy. I think the heads are larger than on comparable sized boats I've been on. Regarding the beds in the rear stateroom, I sleep on the port side and my wife sleeps on the starboard. We've got plenty of room. I don't have the exact measurements of the beds but I will be at the boat in a few weeks and will measure them for you if you still need the info. I guess the only way to really know is to lay down in the bed and see if it's long enough for you. My boat is currently in Alabama on it's way to Tennessee. You are welcome to look at my boat if if works for you logistically.

Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #3

City: Tampa, FL
Got a PM from Roger Long that the berths are 84" long. That's great. Being right at 72" myself, I find that any berth less than 78" is uncomfortable. So 84" will be just fine.

Thanks for the response.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:29 PM   #4

City: flordia
Vessel Name: USCHI
Vessel Model: 1976 Gulfstar 43 MK II Trawler
Gulfstar 43

Have owned one for 18 years VERY comfortable live aboard.have twin in the arts but sleep in the double/queen..invest in a good mattress you won’t be disappointed..live aboard 6 months a year..very economical to run..avg 3-400 hrs per year
restless484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

City: Spring City
Vessel Name: interlude
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 43 mk11
43 dimensions

The aft cabin is big and has a large bed also room to move around, at least ours is.
yamabuki is offline   Reply With Quote