Any Gulfstar owners out there ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surveyor1

Veteran Member
I'm in the market for a sundeck and really like some of the features of the Gulfstar 44 Motor Cruiser i.e.* displacement hull, standup engine room, shower in* the forward head and some other things. Was wondering if anyone knew of any quirks or foibles of the make or model.

I've looked at several. High quality build. Sailboat design philosophy so not a lot of room for the length given the narrow beam forward, lots of rolling. A bit of a downstairs feel (sailboat) to the interiors. Great value.

Rob,

*** I really like them but I think they ( maybe only crertian models ) have thier screws and rudders way fwd of the transom. Iv'e heard critisism of this but they could be very nutral in a beam wind whereas most trawlers draw less in the bow and hence the bow is often blown down wind. I belive the ones I've been seeing are 43' and not full displacement but more so than a Nordic Tug or GB. Should be a very comfortable vessel w floperstopers down. I see a strong resembelence to " Dreamworld "* ..* several articles about Dreamworld were featured in PMM. I think they are twins* ..* a plus in my book but many are not fond of twins. The Gulfstar dos'nt look like a " sundeck " to me but I've just become aquainted w the term several months ago on this site. Whatever you buy I'd give strong bias to boats w newer engines and fuel tanks.

Eric Henning

Back
Top Bottom