Yet another newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Studguppy

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Big Bee
Vessel Make
Arnold Walker Tug
Hello all. Long time reader and first time member. Got a new project on our hands and I am sure we will be turning to all of you for some help and advice in the very near future. The wife and I were converting an ex-navy 50' utility boat into a live aboard, but after 3 years we've decided we really want to get out on the water. Soooooo, we are about to close up the deal on a pretty cool 59' steel tug. Intent is to make her a live aboard. Cool part, she works. So we'll be able to take her out from time to time while we work on her, yeah!!

Ha, as a matter of fact, it is that one. Yeah, we love it too, thanks

Welcome aboard. Where in P'cola do you plan on parking her? Looks like a fun project!

Actually, still looking around. Have a few possibilities that will work while she's in the water,but the options start going down as I look for places that can handle a haul out. She's a heavy boat. Doing the haul out for the survey, the lift registered 90 tons.

Seems like there is someone just around from Barbers that has Ways for hauling out larger boats. Been a while since I've been over there looking but it might be an option. I know it's further away for you but I'm sure they can pick it up over in Bayou La Batre. Plenty of skilled workers there also.

Pensacola shipyard has a 100ton lift. Should work as long as I keep the fuel low. Was considering Louisiana and Alabama for the skilled labor should it come to that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pensacola shipyard has a 100ton lift. Should work as long as I keep the fuel low. Was considering Louisiana and Alabama for the skilled labor should it come to that. Thanks for the suggestion.

that tug is what they called a W S A boat war shipping adminstration vessel they built many of them in ww2, just saying thats all

A bit of cool information, thanks. I'll see if I can find some more history on her.

Back
Top Bottom