Welcome matt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STOWAWAY

Vessel Make
36 uniflight ss
Hello all. Trying again to post to see if it works this time. Typed out a post that did not seem to make it. A test of sorts rather than do all the typing again.

I have been a stowaway on your site for about 6 years, hence the username. I took a notion to buy an old Uniflite 36SS and decided that I needed some education on this type of boat. Started reading this forum. I have been kicking around Marina's for better than fifty years and have owned many boats from sea fleas to twin big block offshore boats. When I saw this boat I thought this could be fun, called a friend that had recently talked about selling his 28 ft Bayliner and told him that we were going into partnership on a boat and he needed to go and look at it. That was the start of a project that seems to keep going. We are both very experienced in mechanical. He has many years in the diesel business and me in the Marina business. We both have very well equipped shops that helped the projects considerably. I suspect we have well over a 1000 hours in this boat and likely twice that many pints. It has been a lot of laughs doing this revamp/restoration. I learned a lot from this form and hope to be able to contribute in the future.
There have been some remarkable threads on here of restoration and rebuilds the should make them proud, Hendo & Ted come to mind. Out projects don't amount to what they have accomplished and I know that we had many advantages.
I hope to show some of the work we have accomplished in future posts if I can figure out how to post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom