Trawlerfest BayBridge cancellation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kanuck

Greetings all. Just wondering if anyone else was attending the BayBridge Trawlerfest when it had to be cancelled due to hurricane Joaquin. We had been told a refund for the seminars would be issued, but both attempted e-mail and phone inquiries into this have been unanswered. We have heard nothing from the organizers, and were wondering if anyone else has had any contact with them.

Yes I had 4 boats on display. Although it took weeks they did refund my fees. Interesting that Thursday and Friday we probably had 15 people look at our boats in the nasty weather. Feel sorry for the organizers who lost big $.

I don't think it was Joaquin involved.

Was it really so bad there as to require a cancellation? I know South Carolina and some of NC were bad enough.

Was it really so bad there as to require a cancellation? I know South Carolina and some of NC were bad enough.

The low pressure system brought in huge amounts of rain and rain, the governors declared state of emergencies and nobody really knew where Joaquin was really going to hit.

TrawlerFest made the correct decision to close the show. Towards mid weekish, they had to close the exhibitor tent.

I sure hope they had insurance coverage to cover their expenses. We were really looking forward to a class we had signed up to take but it was not worth traveling in that mess.

Later,
Dan

It was very wet due to a nor-easter that had hit. They cancelled the show when the state declared a state of emergency as they anticipated Joiquin to hit, which didn't really happen. It was not great conditions but they made the call based on what potentially might happen.

They issued all our refunds promptly. I dealt with:
PBatchelder@aimmedia.com
I got to attend the medical emergencies the first morning before cancellation and learned if you have a heart attack aboard at least you will die happy ha ha. Seriously, it was a great course....But its important we know before we go. We are willing to accept that risk.

After sending off another e-mail I got a prompt reply that my credit card had been credited with the seminars that had to be canceled. Good to see it has all been taken care of and my faith in the organizers restored. My wife also attended the Medical seminar, she was to attend the seminar on how to get along with your spouse while cruising but it was canceled, I guess we'll just have to work on that one on our own, wish us luck!:whistling:

Yeah, it was really sleazy. That was all the storm conditions that were interfering with our plans for what to do about Joaquin if/when he got here. Winds often steady over 30 knots with gusts in the 50s I think, 6-footers measured at the mouth of the Patapsco entryway to Baltimore harbor, etc.

-Chris

Greetings,
Mr. K. If one needs a seminar to learn "...how to get along with your spouse while cruising..." perhaps one shouldn't be cruising at all. It has been mentioned several times, and nope, I can't remember where, that on occasion a spouse may begrudgingly acquiesce to their mates desires to buy a boat with less than satisfactory consequences.
I can vaguely remember MY successful attempts to sway the Admiral's desires for a cottage to a boat. In our case it worked to our mutual advantages.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom