Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > Welcome Mat

Old 02-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #41
City: MD
Vessel Name: Blue Yonder
Vessel Model: 37
I don't know any liveaboards other than a guy on my dock who lives on his boat from May until October. I'm pretty sure there are some liveaboards in the marina who stay all year. There are several frost free water supplies in the marina and I see long hoses stretched out and down docks on occasion in the winter. I think Seven Seas Marine in the marina keeps a portable pump out station that you might be able to use in the winter. I have occasionally seen it rolling around.

Another marina with some liveaboards is Kentmoor about halfway down Kent Island proper on rte 8.

My wife rides the commuter bus every day with a guy who lives aboard during the week at Piney Narrows.

BlueYonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #42
City: Savannah, GA
Vessel Name: In Sanity
Vessel Model: 1981 Mainship 40'
Thanks Yonder for the pumpout pointer - I'll have to track that down

Kentmoor looks nice but it adds another 10 minutes to an already long commute. We are trying to stay closer to the highway but not too close! We looked at Piney narrows and liked it except for the noise from the bridge. It's a contender for the price difference over Mears point marina but theres something that makes the bridge noise a lot louder in there than Mears, just opposite...

Gabe n Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:25 AM   #43
City: Maryland
Vessel Model: 42' Sportfish
Originally Posted by Gabe n Em View Post
We didn't tour Bay bridge because we heard they were not interested in liveaboards but a quick check of their website shows otherwise. Floating docks sound nice...

It's a nice place. We've had our owners club weekend party there once in the past, and I moved our boat there during prep for Hurricane Isabel (I think?) a few years ago, specifically because of the floating docks.

(It's not a perfect solution for everyone, though. They can only accepts so many transients for something like that, and even many of their "residents" hauled anyway.)

Nice facilities.

Probably not inexpensive, though.

South River, Chesapeake Bay
ranger42c is offline   Reply With Quote