Surfacing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik C

After lurking in the depths of this forum for years I have decided to register and become a member. I had no choice because there have been some posts lately that I really wanted to comment on. Still boatless but I feel a Krogen coming on. Another reason to register is the friendly atmosphere of this forum, unlike many others I have visited.

Welcome. Glad you came up from the depths. You have picked an almost perfect cruising boat to be interested in. You probably know that LarryM has cruised his extensively. He is headed this way after transiting the Panama Canal. Hope you get your Krogen.

Welcome to TF. It's a pretty decent place to hang out and learn from the experience and wisdom of others.

Welcome! As you probably have seen there are a few of your compatriots already here. This is an interesting site also
www.projetojade.com/

Way back when we first bought the Eagle we where Newbies way over our head. About that time I found Passagemaker Magazine site board.:dance: Actually Trawler Forum original started because PMM did a major change so most of the PMM members came over to TF.

Anyway I lurked PMM for several months, before posting. Well back at that time the internet was just getting going,:oldman: and with no spell/grammar check mi postes wer speled gramaticly, ad hrad to raed two say the leest! :D Being the newbie on the site I took a lot of flack/stuff from the old salts, but I had a trawler that was bigger and capable them most, so most of them sort of cut me some slack. Anyway I remember how daunting the first post can be. :eek:

Some of us go back 10+ years so there is not much that we have not discuss, and hash out. Hopefully we are a little more friendlier than the originally PMM site. :flowers: Also you can send personal messages directly to a person, if you have some specific direct questions. :thumb:

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. The thread that made me register was "Underway Today" because I really enjoyed following that and wanted to make a comment. We are currently selling our house here to move back to Europe and start looking for the perfect trawler. I want to do trip described before taking the boat back to Europe.

Back
Top Bottom