Recently retired and looking to cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonnaC

Hello all,
My husband and I recently retired and have been looking/scouring the internet for months looking for a boat to do the loop and east coast. We are currently under contract on a 1992 Jefferson Viscount, had sea trial and survey and are now awaiting acceptance/decline of an adjusted offer! As I'm sure y'all know I am on pins and needles and I'm hoping that all goes through. I am so excited to begin this new chapter in our lives and very grateful to this forum for all of your posts and wisdom. Please cross your fingers for us because I think this is the 'right one' for us.

Donna in Little Washington, NC

Hi Donna,
Welcome to the Forum, and hopefully all will go as it should to ensure that you get the "right" boat for you, at a good (fair) price!!
Let us know how it works out, and enjoy the process.

Welcome Donna, fingers crossed for you. My wife and I recently purchased a boat after a year long search so we now exactly how you feel. There were a couple boats that we put offers on that didn't work out, but we believe in fate and in the end we ended up with a much better suited boat for us, so if this one doesn't work out, no worries just find the next one.

Hello all,
My husband and I recently retired and have been looking/scouring the internet for months looking for a boat to do the loop and east coast. We are currently under contract on a 1992 Jefferson Viscount, had sea trial and survey and are now awaiting acceptance/decline of an adjusted offer! As I'm sure y'all know I am on pins and needles and I'm hoping that all goes through. I am so excited to begin this new chapter in our lives and very grateful to this forum for all of your posts and wisdom. Please cross your fingers for us because I think this is the 'right one' for us.

Donna in Little Washington, NC

Wifey B: Welcome. I always laugh at how locals make sure they say "Little Washington." Perhaps time to change it to "Normal Washington" or "Best Washington."

You have great cruising plans and Washington is a good boating community too. :)

Welcome aboard. Hope the deal works out for you.

Welcome! Post pics of the new baby when you can.

Greg.

Although I didn't realize it at the time, shopping is half the fun. Well, maybe not half the fun, but a part of the fun..

Sometimes deals go south and it is probably for the best. If that happens, just keep looking.

Welcome Aboard,

pete

Welcome aboard TF
I'll hold the congrats till deal is done do as not to jinx you.
Just s heads up... there are a few other Donna's on TF so if a reply seems odd that may be the reason. Post some details and pics when you close the deal.

Back
Top Bottom