Old 01-15-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: San Francisco Bay and Delta
Vessel Name: Happy Clown
Vessel Model: Heritage 45 Europa
Permission to Board?

I've been lurking on this site for several years but now in full retirement am looking to get more involved. My wife (48yrs) and I have been boating since we were kids. Moved from sail boat to houseboat to trawler (23 yrs) over the past 40+ years as family developed, grew and left home. Grand kids are now active with us. We also have a wood runabout I restored many years ago. We are active in a SF Delta area yacht club and the Antique and Classic Boat Society. I volunteer at the SF Maritime Museum maintaining and restoring old boats. Our trawler is a Heritage 45, built in 1981 and I must say that it is still truly beautiful.
Let's get to know each other!
Ted
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Welcome aboard, Ted!! Great to see another CA Delta member! Please feel free to post up some pics of your 45 Heritage! We don't consider it bragging to post boat pics....it's proof that it really exists! Plus, most of us enjoy looking at other boats besides our own.

Where is your slip? I have an affinity for covered slips with my old 1977 Californian and used to stay at Riverboat Marina on the Mokelumne River. Loved it there and fell in love with the CA Delta. Now I'm under the cover at Vallejo Marina and learning more about the SF Bay but still close enough to enjoy regular forays into the Delta. It also places me very close to the Mothball Fleet and some of the best sturgeon fishing grounds in the nation.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Welcome to the forum!

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #4

Welcome aboard ! SF Bay Area is beautiful place for boating !
User915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #5

Your catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
Welcome aboard, Ted!! Great to see another CA Delta member! Please feel free to post up some pics of your 45 Heritage! We don't consider it bragging to post boat pics....it's proof that it really exists! Plus, most of us enjoy looking at other boats besides our own.

Where is your slip? I have an affinity for covered slips with my old 1977 Californian and used to stay at Riverboat Marina on the Mokelumne River. Loved it there and fell in love with the CA Delta. Now I'm under the cover at Vallejo Marina and learning more about the SF Bay but still close enough to enjoy regular forays into the Delta. It also places me very close to the Mothball Fleet and some of the best sturgeon fishing grounds in the nation.

Amazing ! Congratulations.
User915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:49 PM   #6
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #7
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
... It also places me very close to the Mothball Fleet and some of the best sturgeon fishing grounds in the nation.
Only eight ships remain.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

City: San Francisco Bay and Delta
Vessel Name: Happy Clown
Vessel Model: Heritage 45 Europa
Flywright

You asked where we keep our trawler and for some pics. We berth at Willow West Marina on Piper Slough, just across from Franks Tract. Boat's name is Happy Clown (left over from the original owner although I'm happy and clownish enough.) I will post some pictures when I get them downloaded from the home computer (still using the company email.) Where do the pictures end up? How to do I insert a picture? Also, I'll want to post a picture as the avatar but don't know how. I'll figure these things out but any advice would be appreciataed?
Ted
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:52 PM   #9
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Ted, Here's a link to some great help with uploading pics and setting an avatar.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s...-etc-5739.html

If you need more help, please don't hesitate to ask. This is your thread so ask away here, if you like.

Willow West puts you almost smack dab in the middle of the Delta! Great location where you can head east, west, north or south to enjoy new locales. I have a few fishing holes in your neck of the woods. Great place to drop the hook and spend some time. Mildred Island is also one of our favorites. Hope you can join us when we return this summer.

We have a SF Bay and CA Delta Cruisers social group set up here...

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/g...+cruisers.html

I'll send you an invite to you can see our discussions of local issues, fuel prices and plans for cruises. Look fwd to meeting up on the water!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

City: Houston, TX
Welcome to the forum!
dkasprzak is offline   Reply With Quote