Newbie in Slidell, LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dutchman, heading west gets you into some beautiful areas in South La, but I'm shootin' for more east now once we get up to speed cruising again. Cat and Ship Islands are great destinations and from there a night or two at Biloxi Small Craft or Point Cadet will get you in the middle of the action on the coast. The boat is in Gulfport- (live in Watson, LA) it's pretty quiet in our area.
In the spring I hope to make it over to Niceville for a visit. It sounds like a great place. Ditto on ActiveCaptain.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

$240/month, covered slip w/ parking right behind the boat, also covered. Includes water, not electricity, which runs about $10/month. It's about as good a hurricane hole as I could find.

that is a great price was looking for it on the map can not find it

Dutchman, heading west gets you into some beautiful areas in South La, but I'm shootin' for more east now once we get up to speed cruising again. Cat and Ship Islands are great destinations and from there a night or two at Biloxi Small Craft or Point Cadet will get you in the middle of the action on the coast. The boat is in Gulfport- (live in Watson, LA) it's pretty quiet in our area.
In the spring I hope to make it over to Niceville for a visit. It sounds like a great place. Ditto on ActiveCaptain.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Niceville is a great place Rogerh is out of Niceville

Watson is a long way from Gulfport, no quick trips after work and just sit on deck, I'm so glad I'm only 8 miles from the boat, specially with the beautiful weather we are currently having. Planning on going east end of this month, slowly looking for warmer weather/water.

Watson is a long way from Gulfport, no quick trips after work and just sit on deck, I'm so glad I'm only 8 miles from the boat, specially with the beautiful weather we are currently having. Planning on going east end of this month, slowly looking for warmer weather/water.

Come on down to Sarasota

Siestakey:
Find Lake Maurepas (due west of Lake Ponchartrain), then look for the Tickfaw River on the north side of Lake Maurepas. Go upriver about 7-8 miles till you get to the Hwy 22 bridge; Tickfaw turns west and the Blood River splits from Tickfaw and starts there. My marina (Vacajun) is about a half mile up the Blood. If you zoom in on google earth or the chart that covers the area I think it shows the name Warsaw Marina which is adjacent to Vacajun.
Mike

It's pretty easy but you need to be careful entering the Tickfaw. Maurepas is a pretty shallow lake so staying away from the sides are important. Once in the river, its plenty deep and easy to navigate, except Saturdays during the summer. Plenty of fast boats, jet skis, and large boats w/ bad drivers.

Comache, what is the Hwy 22 bridge height?

Don't know, but it's way up there, maybe 50-60 feet?

Flying Dutchman?

And another birthday around the corner, but it beats the alternative, going to b e a boat bum from now on.

Are you the famous FlyingDutchman?

Welcome Dutchman-Nice lines on that boat-sitting at Cypremort Point, La enjoying the weather-Dimer, when are you going to put your new boat on your avatar?

Welcome Dutchman-Nice lines on that boat-sitting at Cypremort Point, La enjoying the weather-Dimer, when are you going to put your new boat on your avatar?

That picture is Eden Isles, Slidell. Not sure about making avatars.

Dick

Did you take the flybridge off? I think it looks great as a low profile cruiser.

The previous owner did and I'm happy without it height now 11 ft with mast up 8-6 with it down. Very happy with the new boat.

The previous owner did and I'm happy without it height now 11 ft with mast up 8-6 with it down. Very happy with the new boat.
I like the look better myself . When I first say your avatar I thought it was a custom built main ship .

Are you the famous FlyingDutchman?

You can hardly be called a newbie, I like your boat, very similar taste now since you dropped tall masts and large sails. Welcome to the Forum Bill.

Back
Top Bottom