The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow Motion

Veteran Member
Hello everyone. Thank you for hosting such a great site. I am starting my search for a good trawler. I live near Kemah Texas and plan on retiring there in 7 years. I see some folks on this site live in that area too. Any input and suggestions will be greatly appreciated and some taken with a grain of salt. That's about it for now, thanks again

Welcome! have a look around the site there is lots of good information available. Ask and you will get plenty of answers.

The one thing I hear most about liveaboards in that area is not enough air conditioning. Boats aren't particularly well insulated and have lots of window area, so they need lots of A/C capacity. Look for at least two 16,000 btu units in any boat over 32'. If you don't have enough capacity it is fairly easy to add another but the cost will be $4-5,000 for a marine unit, less for an RV type.

David

Welcome aboard, good luck with your search. Depending on your cruising plans you may want to expand your search beyond trawlers, where do you plan to cruise?

Welcome aboard

Echo the A/C sentiment. Also larger fridge is a necessity. Many of the boats in your range have an under-counter like mine. OK for a weekend, but not much longer - especially if you cool bottled water or other beverages.

mike

Back
Top Bottom