Newb NC & PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captwill

Veteran Member
Hello to all! First a thanks to all for making this site so informative and fun to read. We are halfway to owning our next boat, purchase & sale agreement signed on a 1980 38' Marine Trader. Survey will be this weekend. If all goes well, boat owners again soon! I have been boat poor since 1990 when we sold our commercial schooner (day sailing head boat).

Working in Philadelphia and every other weekend home to New Bern, NC. Soon to be retired to New Bern (8 months 9 days 12 hours). But who is counting?!

Thanks again... and I look forward to sharing with all.

Brgds/Bill

Welcome to the forum! Hope the survey goes well.

Ted

Survey Delay

Thanks for the welcome....

The survey has been delayed to August due to personal issues with the owner, my limited availability and the my desire to have a specific surveyor to do the job.

Hopefully better news to follow....

Bill

We just left that area of NC- Oreiental actually and really enjoyed the people, and the laid back lifestyle. Here is a loop cruise that can take about a week more or less:

New Bern to Oriental- stay at the free dock in town.
Oriental to Bellhaven or anchor at the mouth of the Pungo-Alligator canal.
Bellhaven to Edenton and stay for free at the town marina.
You can make side stops in Plymouth and Columbia, and stay at the free town docks, but not much there.
Edenton to Manteo and stay at the free dock behind the gazeebo.
Manteo to Ocracoke and stay at the NPS dock. Cheap and even cheaper with the senior pass.
Ocracoke to New Bern or stop at Oriental or side trip to Beaufort.

Lots of great cruising to be had in that area of NC.

David

We just spent 2 weeks in the Albemarle Sound area. The Albemarle loop is fun. Edenton and Manteo are our favorites. In Bellhaven you MUST eat at Spoon River!

Thanks for the ideas! As a New England transplant to New Bern, any and all advice is welcome.

Back
Top Bottom