Newb here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riverside

Greetings!

Joined last month, been lurking awhile.

I am working on my wife to retire and live on a trawler.

She is starting to come around. We went to Trawlerfest in Lake Park and the Palm Beach Boat show, and she is getting in the mood.

No new boats for us, but a nice 30 to 35 year old boat is what I am thinking about.

Glad to be here!

Welcome aboard!:thumb:

Welcome
When you can't be on the boat this is a great place to get your fix anyway

Welcome Riverside. Plenty of trawlers to select from in your area. From Stuart to Ft. Lauderdale there must be several hundred. Good luck in your search. Moonstruck is just North of you at Ft. Pierce. If you get my the City Marina, give us a shout.

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of boats out there to look at and become familiar with.

Welcome aboard, Riverside. I was in your position a few years ago, except I wasn't planning to live aboard.

I don't know anything about your living habits, but some find 35 fters a bit confining to live aboard. Of course, if you like camping, it might work out just fine. I love my boat, but would never want to live aboard long-term.

I wanted a boat I could fish from with my buddies and the wife and I could cruise in. I researched countless boats online looking for that perfect vessel. I never found her but I settled on a fishable 34 ft sedan (37 ft LOA) that could be easily single-handed with twin diesel efficiency, redundancy and (relatively) low cost. I knew in retirement that I'd have more time than money, so a 7 kt cruise speed fit me just fine. I read everything I could find and with the help of a friend, learned my systems and maintenance requirements.

Lots of good folks here with tons of experience and a willingness to share info, resources, experiences and knowledge. I've even found quite a few here who will share a beer or two!

So pull up a chair and join in the conversation. And remember...the new guy buys the first round!!

Welcome aboard.

Hi, welcome to the forums. Good luck with your new quest!

So pull up a chair and join in the conversation. And remember...the new guy buys the first round!!

Unfortunately, this new guy is a continent away from us. Regardless, Al, you're always first to offer an IPA.

Greetings, Riverside.

Last edited:
Thanks so much everyone, you are all so welcoming!

I can't help being a continent away from you guys on the left coast, but I will give a shout to moonstruck when I get to Fort Pierce. There are a lot of nice boats for sale in his area, and as soon as I get the ok from the Admiral, I will be headed up his way.

Thanks again to all.

Welcome Aboard! Nice to have another Florida boy. If you get to Miami, stop by my store and say hello. I'll make you a good Cuban coffee.

Back
Top Bottom