Newb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a lurker for now. Retiring in a few years and want to try something new.

Welcome aboard, LTR-ND. (Is that love to rid end or love to ride ND? Notre Dame? North Dakota?)

I took the leap into retirement a little over a year ago. Bought the boat 5 years earlier to get it set up the way we wanted it. No regrets!

Last edited:
Could be something else entirely. Anyway, welcome!

Welcome aboard, LTR-ND. (Is that love to rid end or love to ride ND? Notre Dame? North Dakota?)

I took the leap a little into retirement a little over a year ago. Bought the boat 5 years earlier to get it set up the way we wanted it. No regrets!
img_211777_0_c8c15981658ce9eac70dade632a6e78c.jpg

Welcome aboard.

Do you boat currently - on the lakes near you?

And how is this winter in North Dakota?

Thank you everyone. Love2ridend is iI have several motorcycles and the 3 weeks of summer in North Dakota we have I love take them out.

Well, then....you're in trouble! Those are the same 3 weeks you'd want to be boating. Better buy a house in warmer weather first! :D :hide:

Welcome lovetoridend

Ahha - from the tropical climes of North Dakota.

Not that I would recommend it as good boating but if you want to cruise north on the Red River a few hours you will be on my doorstep.

Wait till spring. With all the snow this year the water will be high enough to do it

Hi love2ridend,

One good way (simpler, less expensive, good way to learn) to get into cruising while living inland is with a trailerable cruiser.

Utah isn't quite as cold as ND, but our boat is stuck here inside its "boathouse" 6-7 months each year. Before we retired we'd go for 1 to 3 weeks, starting on big lakes, then the San Juans and Gulf Islands, building our skills for wilder places. Summers now we generally do 2-3 months in BC and/or SE Alaska, still in our small cruiser. Not built for a big crew (sleeps three adults), but pretty capable.

Must admit our motorcycles have begun to feel neglected, however.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom