Old 11-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #1

City: Champlain
Vessel Name: Vieil-Eau
Vessel Model: Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Hello from Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada

Hi gang! First, excuse my poor english writing. I'm a french Quebecer. I will try to be understood. I just found your forum, my forum!

Just to annonce my trawler who is a 1945 motorized lifeboat, homemade modified to be a trawler in 1971. It have a Volvo Penta AQ130C (1969) of 130 hp for motor. Behind the wheel, it have 2 folded seats (one for the captain and the other for the helper...!), 4 opening windows (one on each side and two for the front). You have a door between the seats to go to the captain room in the bow. On each side just before entering in the room, you have on port side: a small ''wardrobe'' and on starboard side: a dry toilet. In the Captain's room, you have 6 closed windows and one opening window on the top. And, for sure, a bed! In the back after the rigid top, on the stern, you have: an inboard motor, a room with folded walls, windows and top with 3 long seats who can had 4 persons easily.

My boat, now, was stored. I don't have pics anymore because it's first true ride will be in June 2019. So I will take some good pics!

I will try to show you some old pics in the middle of the modifications.
Vieil-Eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #2

City: Marietta
Vessel Model: Cobalt 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Vieil-Eau View Post
Hi gang! First, excuse my poor english writing. I'm a french Quebecer. I will try to be understood. I just found your forum, my forum!

Just to annonce my trawler who is a 1945 motorized lifeboat, homemade modified to be a trawler in 1971. It have a Volvo Penta AQ130C (1969) of 130 hp for motor. Behind the wheel, it have 2 folded seats (one for the captain and the other for the helper...!), 4 opening windows (one on each side and two for the front). You have a door between the seats to go to the captain room in the bow. On each side just before entering in the room, you have on port side: a small ''wardrobe'' and on starboard side: a dry toilet. In the Captain's room, you have 6 closed windows and one opening window on the top. And, for sure, a bed! In the back after the rigid top, on the stern, you have: an inboard motor, a room with folded walls, windows and top with 3 long seats who can had 4 persons easily.

My boat, now, was stored. I don't have pics anymore because it's first true ride will be in June 2019. So I will take some good pics!

I will try to show you some old pics in the middle of the modifications.

Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )
Old 11-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Bienvenu a bord!

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #4

Hi Guys! Do you know how I can put some pics who are taken in the mid of her resurection...!
Old 11-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #5

Heille le Bleuvet! Fantastique, tu parles français? T'es de où?
Old 11-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #6

Je vois que tu es de Québec, quel est le port d'attache de ton Bleuvet?
Old 11-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #7

Pictures

QUOTE=David Hughes;716026]Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me how I can put some old pics of my Le Vieil-Eau?

Thanks,

Capt Fred (Maritime nickname!)
(aka Daniel Frigon)
Old 11-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #8
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Bonjour,
Bienvenu a bord aussi.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #10
Guru

City: Beaverton, Ontario
Vessel Name: Looking Glass
Vessel Model: Carver 370 Voyager
Welcome Daniel, we are neighbours
To insert pictures, when you are writing a post or reply you will see an icon in the row above where are typing. One is a small picture and if you point on it, it will say, Insert Image. Pick on this and a window will come up for you to pick pictures from your computer, laptop etc. When you have all in that you want and download them then close the download window. Preview your post and the pictures should be there. Hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:40 AM   #11
Guru

Salut Daniel, mon port d'attache "officiel" est Quebec mais nous gardons le Bleuvet a Hawkesbury, Ontario pour le moment.

Hi Daniel, my "official" port of call is Quebec but we keep the Bleuvet at Hawkesbury, Ontario for now.

L
Old 11-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #12
Guru

City: Pender Harbour, BC
Vessel Name: Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Model: Custom Aluminum 52
Ah Hawkesbury, where lots of old Montreal wine bottles go to die! Cold there now, mais non? I lived in Lachine et Ville Ste-Laurent for a dozen or so years When Bombardier was prospering. Welcome Le Vieil-Eau!

On a Mac when you post like I am doing there is a choice, "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced." Choose the "Go" option and another screen pops open. You have to experiment with "Manage Attachments," and pretty much just follow the process, choose "upload" one at a time, "Preview" and finally, if you are happy and your photos are not upside down, "Submit Reply." It is a frustrating process until you have done it once or twice but it works.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #13

City: louisiana
Ahhh....Trois Riviere....home of the great Gilles Villeneuve. My son won the Grand Prix du Trois Riviere twice and was on the podium in another race. What a great city! It was our favorite stop on the circuit.
rardoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:37 PM   #14

Thumbs up your racing son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rardoin View Post
Ahhh....Trois Riviere....home of the great Gilles Villeneuve. My son won the Grand Prix du Trois Riviere twice and was on the podium in another race. What a great city! It was our favorite stop on the circuit.
What is his name, in which kind of race? Maybe I saw him won and maybe I take some pics of him, who knows? I go every year to the Grand Prix. Please, tell me more
Old 11-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #15

American friends in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hughes View Post
Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )
I have some friends who are not Quebecers, who live in Naples, FL. I'm not perfectly bilingual, but I think they understand me! I don't have to speak English where I live. It's close to Trois-Rivières between Quebec City and Montreal.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:56 PM   #16
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsbank View Post
Ah Hawkesbury, where lots of old Montreal wine bottles go to die! Cold there now, mais non? I lived in Lachine et Ville Ste-Laurent for a dozen or so years When Bombardier was prospering. Welcome Le Vieil-Eau!

On a Mac when you post like I am doing there is a choice, "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced." Choose the "Go" option and another screen pops open. You have to experiment with "Manage Attachments," and pretty much just follow the process, choose "upload" one at a time, "Preview" and finally, if you are happy and your photos are not upside down, "Submit Reply." It is a frustrating process until you have done it once or twice but it works.
Cold indeed and snowy. For now the boat is on the hard and at rest for... Well many months

L
Old 11-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #17

City: louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Vieil-Eau View Post
What is his name, in which kind of race? Maybe I saw him won and maybe I take some pics of him, who knows? I go every year to the Grand Prix. Please, tell me more

Alex Ardoin. He won the Star Mazda formula races in 2009 and 2010 and was third in 2008. For some reason he absolutely loved that circuit but he always seemed to excel in street races and tight quarters. Made me a bit nervous (as his major sponsor) due to the high cost of carbon fiber parts.
rardoin is offline   Reply With Quote