Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > Welcome Mat

Old 05-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
City: Bellingham, WA
Vessel Name: Our Heaven
Vessel Model: Willard 30' Searcher
New to the trawler scene

Good morning,
What a great resource and good bunch of folks. My wife and I are moving to Bellingham in a few weeks and have started the process of searching for a trawler. We have had several smaller boats (C-dorys) but the wife's request was that the next one needs to have a shower and with my son growing something a bit larger would be nice. We so enjoy the islands around the puget sound we are looking at vacations, long nights, and great weekends around the sound. Maybe even the inner coastal next year if we find the right boat and shake her down. Just wanted to say hello and good morning.

bshillam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #2

City: Port Townsend, WA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
G'day! Enjoy Bellingham and your search for a new boat. For us it's always fun to enjoy the new boat purchase process vicariously. Keep us posted on what you find.

Port Townsend, WA
m/v Traveler - '79 Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
Moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
City: Courtenay BC ,canada
Send a message via Skype™ to driller66
Hi I'm new to the trawler scene too, but having recently purchased "Irandar" off of Irving Dunn(it must have hurt!) I'm living the dream!!!Tons of questions, one of the first is ...Caulking for seams between molding and trim. (exterior) Can anyone mention or comment on whats good ,bad or otherwise? I'm on mid Vancouver island. Need to start painting etc. One other question I have is ,... Varnish over tung oil(or Danish oil) Someone once told me about a turpentine and linseed oil mix for wood? any comments?Happy boating!!
driller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #4

City: Biloxi, MS
Vessel Name: Cajun Rose
Vessel Model: Biloxi Lugger
Originally Posted by bshillam View Post
Just wanted to say hello and good morning.
Good afternoon bshillam, welcome to the forum. I joined a while back to get information and learn about big boat life. I am currently rebuilding my lugger from a fire that happened about 4 years ago. I like you can't wait to get out in the water. Hopefully this summer we will be making some trips. Good luck and keep us posted on what you choose. Paul
swampu is offline   Reply With Quote