Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > Welcome Mat

Old 10-14-2016, 02:40 PM   #41
Veteran Member

City: Oakland
Vessel Name: Arcangel
Vessel Model: Buewater 40
Welcome aboard and congratulations for all new things on your life!!

garrobito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #42
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Trom View Post
I am puzzled where you might be getting the information that production has slowed. Here are photos from our last several visits, with the most recent visit about a month ago, to the Great Harbour manufacturing plant. Production is moving along quite nicely.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply production has slowed but rather they will not have the boat ready for some of the early fall boat shows as they had hoped. This was in the last monthly newsletter:

TT35 Update

The painstaking process of perfecting the mold tooling for the TT35 is finally over, and within a few weeks we will have hull number one ready for preliminary water testing. Our initial hope was to have the boat ready for public showing at the 2016 Annapolis Powerboat Show. That might still be possible if we were willing to pull some late nights and rush the interior work. Most every boat builder has stories of how they were still adding final details to a new model as it arrived at the show. But that's not us. We like to get things right, and if that means taking a bit more time, so be it. We are still looking at a Fall completion date, but in Florida, and closer to Thanksgiving. Between now and then, the pace will pick up and you'll begin to see more frequent updates on our Facebook page and in the October issue of the newsletter.

The pics look real good and thank you! More pics please!

Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:45 PM   #43
Veteran Member

City: St. Petersburg
Vessel Name: Mariso
Vessel Model: (soon) Great Harbour TT35
Okay - more pictures!

Hello Donsan:

I note that you live up near Palatka. I used to to waterski on the St. Johns River when I was a kid. The St. Johns will be very likely be one of our first trips on the boat.

I am guessing that you may have noticed in the photos that the design has changed somewhat from the original drawings (my avatar). Pierce, the Marketing Director at Mirage, suggested that the forward "swoop" of the gunwales be moved forward to accommodate the option of a helm door. I like it; what do you think? And of course, now I want a helm door.

Here are some more photos. That's Mr. Smurf holding up the mockup against the gunwales for steps to the bow. Ken tells me that Mr. Smurf is the one who has been at Mirage the longest. He is extraordinarily knowledgeable, and an absolute gem to talk with concerning the build.

Warm Regards,
Sweet Pea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160909_124246381.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	57512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160909_124301612.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	57513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160909_124401400_HDR.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	57514   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160909_124428677.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	57515   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160909_124747272_HDR.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	57516  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160909_125110156_HDR.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	57517  
Miz Trom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #44

City: Pensacola, FL
Vessel Name: Echo
Vessel Model: Transtar 50'
Miz Trom, thanks for sharing your experience! My wife and I love the idea of the TT35, the ability to trailer it, ship it on a RORO, the shallow draft, and much more. We look forward to hearing more about your experiences and the boat!
Panhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:59 AM   #45
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Trom View Post
I note that you live up near Palatka. I used to to waterski on the St. Johns River when I was a kid. The St. Johns will be very likely be one of our first trips on the boat.

I am guessing that you may have noticed in the photos that the design has changed somewhat from the original drawings (my avatar). Pierce, the Marketing Director at Mirage, suggested that the forward "swoop" of the gunwales be moved forward to accommodate the option of a helm door. I like it; what do you think? And of course, now I want a helm door.
We moved from Vero Beach to Buffalo Bluff about 2 months ago. With the exception of two hurricanes with their obligatory power outages, we are loving it. It is kind of backwards and Putnam is a very poor county but I like rural. Really, I am shocked the way development along the FL coast just passes this place by. The St Johns between Palatka and the south end of Lake George is great for boating. The area from south Lake George to Astor, no so much but I would probably view it differently in a trawler. We haven't made it down south of Astor yet.

The helm door idea sounds like a great one. Having one on each side would be even better. Is the helm door an option or the revised base design? If you plan to do the loop, you will probably need those doors in the locks.

Keep those pics coming!
Old 10-17-2016, 02:39 PM   #46
Veteran Member

City: St. Petersburg
Vessel Name: Mariso
Vessel Model: (soon) Great Harbour TT35
I do not know if the helm door will be an option or not.
Miz Trom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:34 PM   #47
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Dan,
Good on you for not calling the TT35 a trawler. It is an OB cruiser as is the sea dory ect. For that matter most trawlers are cruisers too. The word trawler sounds big and masculine so naturally everyone wants to align w it.

I'm a big fan of cruisers and would probably trade my trawler for the right cruiser .. preferably an OB. I have an 18' OB open boatw a 60 Suzuki. Mine is w the older 1300cc powerhead. One of the reasons I chose it was because of the large displacement but most likely more important is the lower unit gear ratio. Think mine is 2.67-1. For you a 3-1 gear would be ideal but the lower the better. My 60hp on the 18' FG OB is very low power for the boat. Most all other boats of this size and weight have 115 to 150hp. On my OB running light w my wife and I and 12 or so gallons of fuel she performs well but add two more people and she's obviously underpowered. We rarely exceed a light loading so I'm going to address the "problem" w one or two lower pitched props. You may do that as time goes on. I had a very light 28' OB w a 55hp Johnson and I had an 11" pitch prop that I used w full fuel tanks. Would stop and put on a 13" pitch prop when about 1/3 of the fuel was burned. Seldom needed to fill the tanks.

Just throwing this out for furure thinking.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:15 PM   #48

City: Dunedin, Fl
Vessel Name: T/T Whistful
Vessel Model: Boat US 12' Inflatable
Beautiful boat...good on ya!

I looked at the specs for the 37...sure does have some cute little engines

2008 Great Harbour N37 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #49
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobstah View Post
Beautiful boat...good on ya!

I looked at the specs for the 37...sure does have some cute little engines

2008 Great Harbour N37 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Hope it didn't suffer any hurricane damage.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:43 PM   #50
Guru

City: Saint Augustine, Fl.
Thats all that boat needs is little engines, anything more would be wasted with that hull shape. She is what she is , not designed to be a speed boat.
Sailor of Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #51
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Comfort over speed! The older I get, the more I like it!

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great harbour