New TF Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PuppyR

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Morning Starr
Vessel Make
Marine Trader DC
Hello all:
Just joined the site today. A few months ago my wife said: "I think we need a bigger boat." Got to love that in a woman. We have a 19' CC fishing boat but we want something to spend days and nights on the ICW and cruse for a few weeks now and then. Budget is around $50K. Have operated boats up to 27 feet before. Thinking of something around 32 to 34 feet. Is this doable? Boat suggestions please. Just moved to the NC/SC area long the coast. Thanks for any help. Looking forward to this forum.

Welcome aboard. I need to infect you with a disease you might not be familiar with. Yachtworld.com. Symptoms include endless hours gazing into a computer/iPad/phone screen examining boats of many shapes, styles and prices. Side effects include but not limited to opportunities to spend enormous amounts of money, lusting after boats on the other side of the country and finally learning to narrow your search to see boats in your immediate area. Benefits include, an opportunity to learn about different brands, get a small feel for what they might look like and the ability to rationalize the purchase of almost any boat you can convince your wife that you need. You will soon realize that photos really do not do most of the boats justice. Upon visiting the boat you will wonder if this is the same one listed.

All in all a consumptive sort of disease that is not usually terminal. Enjoy it .

We have a 19' CC fishing boat but we want something to spend days and nights on the ICW and cruse for a few weeks now and then. Budget is around $50K. Have operated boats up to 27 feet before. Thinking of something around 32 to 34 feet. Is this doable? Boat suggestions please.

Yes, that's doable. That length is about the dividing line between gas and diesel, so you'll find many powered with one or the other engine type. If you're looking at diesels only, the choices narrow but they're still out there. Californian, Gulfstar, CHB, Mainship, Bayliner, Silverton, Carver, Wellcraft are all options. I started my search on Yachtworld and using the PowerBoat Guide, Volume 3 Express and Sedan Cruisers. From there I transitioned into looking at trawlers before finding my 34 Californian LRC.

Plan to spend $10-15,000 per year on operation, maintenance, improvements, insurance, slip, etc. on a turnkey boat...more for one needing attention right off the bat. Happy hunting and welcome to TF!

Welcome aboard, I hope you find a boat that works everything well and don't need to spend a lot

Yes, that's doable. That length is about the dividing line between gas and diesel, so you'll find many powered with one or the other engine type. If you're looking at diesels only, the choices narrow but they're still out there. Californian, Gulfstar, CHB, Mainship, Bayliner, Silverton, Carver, Wellcraft are all options. I started my search on Yachtworld and using the PowerBoat Guide, Volume 3 Express and Sedan Cruisers. From there I transitioned into looking at trawlers before finding my 34 Californian LRC.

Plan to spend $10-15,000 per year on operation, maintenance, improvements, insurance, slip, etc. on a turnkey boat...more for one needing attention right off the bat. Happy hunting and welcome to TF!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
There are many choices in the 30-36 foot range. If you have the skills to repair or renovate, real bargains can be found. But it takes time. Other more "turn key" boats are available if you look for them. Good luck in the search!

Back
Top Bottom