New to the scene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeHorsfall

Vessel Name
Blue Monk
Vessel Make
Monk 36 #107
Ahoy! My wife and I are new owners of a Monk 36 Tri-cabin trawler, formally Feisty II, now Blue Monk. This is our first “power” boat, having just switched from sail (we had a Cal 25 since ‘94). It was love at first sight when we discovered the Monk while strolling the docks in Anacortes, WA. Now we are in the unfortunate fix of finding time to commute from Portland, OR to learn more about our new member of the fam.

I love reading through the threads here, but am also looking for a dedicated Monk 36 group. Any help there? Another question - how do I find the hull #, specifically the 2 or 3 digit number that people use to identify themselves. Thanks, mates. We can’t wait to retire!

Welcome aboard! Congratulations for your new boat!

L

Welcome to the Trawler Forum! Nice boat and anything with 'Blue' in it's name has got to be good!

Regards
Blue

Welcome, Congrats on the Monk 36 purchase. We bought our 2003 in Nov 2008 and have really enjoyed the time we have spent on her. We bought her in Annapolis and brought her down the coast to Fl then across Okeechobee to the Gulf of Mexico up to to Louisiana were we live. We have made quite a few trips to FL including to the Keys. They are fine boats!
There are a few more Monk 36 owners on this forum too.

There is a Monk Owners Association group you can find the website at :
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Monk36OwnersAssociation/info

It is quite a large group there are Rendezvous held in Maryland and in the PNW yearly, there is a fee to join the group but not expensive. There are quite a few owners with lots of expertise and eager to help others with any questions.
I am not sure just which 3 digit number you are referring to, the serial number is stamped into the fiberglass on the transom the complete Hull Identification Number in my case is: NSY36230K203 My boat was the 230th Monk 36 built. It was completed in 2003, NSY was the builder, 36 the model, 230 the hull number, K203 the year completed. Amongst the owners the boat name and hull number are used to identify the boat in my case: Gumbo, #230
If you have any questions let me know here or email stwillett at aol.com

Thank you, Steve. We now know our boat # is 107. Another piece of the puzzle clicks into place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom