New Member, Power Catamaran owner...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MTMilam

Vessel Name
MTM GRAND
Vessel Make
Aquila 44 Power Catamaran
Just wanted to introduce myself.... mostly a sailor, racing multihulls and cruising...then did a 5 year addiction to offshore fishing in a 30 ft power cat....Then back to sailing (Jeanneau 42 DS for sale) and Now....a Aquila 44 power Cat. We're naming it MTM GRAND...its our initials and my wife likes the Lion theme of the MGM grand logo ..:D

Anyway, we run it from Clearwater back to Pensacola in a week....I broke every rule I had about buying boats and bought it New at the Miami Boat show....I don't know what got into me ;D :D ....but our Daughters Love the boat, and they always bring friends and our 42' sailboat was getting 'small' ;D .....This new boat is so Roomy, we really could live on it...well, just the two of us......We mostly Costal cruise Fl. panhandle on long weekends...maybe go to the Bahamas, no desire to cross any oceans on it, Thats what planes are for :D .....Looking forward to learning more techniques on "trawlers"

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_5492.jpg
    IMG_5492.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 204
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_5487.jpg
    IMG_5487.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_5254.jpg
    IMG_5254.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 209
  • 022114BTIP-5843GO.jpg
    022114BTIP-5843GO.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 450
Welcome aboard :)

Egad...that's a lotta boat, like over 1000 square feet :eek:

Welcome, I keep my boat in Houma, just off of the GICW.
That is a beaitiful and comfortable looking Cat. Where will you be keeping her?

Very nice!!

Geez that stateroom looks roomy!

Awesome vessel MT! I love those cats and the same thing that got into you would probably gotten into me if it weren't for what was going to get out of me......$$$. It's great to see more cat owners coming onboard. When you get organized, I'd sure be interested in some fuel figures to see how efficient those hulls can be. Very little data published in Aquila. I sure hope my Admiral doesn't see that stateroom photo.

MTM and company are the real deal! One of the most knowledgeable and experienced off-shore cruisers I know. Welcome to the dark side guys and yes you can use your genny for AC during the summer! Heck of a beautiful Cat you have!

Beautiful Cat, MTM! She's certainly "grand". Love the dance pole...nice touch!

One more congrats! Looks beautiful. What kind of anchor did it come with? Most likely you will need this group's help undoing a tragic anchor error. We will point you in the right direction when you are ready to deal with this important item. :whistling:

Howard

THANKS everyone!!!....We'll be keeping the boat in Pensacola for the Summer and maybe Madisonville or New Orleans for the Winter.....

As far as anchors...Man, I know thats a hotter topic than Politics....but I'm a SPADE man...been using them for 10 years now...I already ordered a Spade 120S for this boat, its just not put on yet for the picture... ;D :D .....I had a Spade 100 on the Jeanneau 42 DS, that we have for sale. I did Like the ULTRA anchor at the Miami boat show, but Dang, that shiny Stainless is expensive :D

Thanks again for the Welcome wishes

Mark

Just wanted to introduce myself.... mostly a sailor, racing multihulls and cruising...then did a 5 year addiction to offshore fishing in a 30 ft power cat....Then back to sailing (Jeanneau 42 DS for sale) and Now....a Aquila 44 power Cat. We're naming it MTM GRAND...its our initials and my wife likes the Lion theme of the MGM grand logo ..:D

Anyway, we run it from Clearwater back to Pensacola in a week....I broke every rule I had about buying boats and bought it New at the Miami Boat show....I don't know what got into me ;D :D ....but our Daughters Love the boat, and they always bring friends and our 42' sailboat was getting 'small' ;D .....This new boat is so Roomy, we really could live on it...well, just the two of us......We mostly Costal cruise Fl. panhandle on long weekends...maybe go to the Bahamas, no desire to cross any oceans on it, Thats what planes are for :D .....Looking forward to learning more techniques on "trawlers"

Sounds like you make an excellent choice. You chose by far the most sold power cat on the market as there have been so many of "Aquila" cats used in the rental business. They've been well tested in all aspects.

Welcome, We love your boat!

I'm so green, my wife lost sight of me when I walked out on the lawn a few minutes ago…:D

MTM, you're in luck. As a new member, you might not be aware of the public service I provide to fellow TF members at no charge to the member in the form of Refrigerator Efficiency, Capacity and Safety Testing (RECAST). My schedule has booked up significantly since offering this service to TFers free of charge but I have an opening the week of May 16-22 and I will be in Destin, FL with my four brothers. We would even travel to Pensacola at no cost to you.

Normally I perform the inspection with the boat owner only, but for a vessel the size of yours, I will need to enlist the help of my brothers, at no additional charge to you. We should be able to conduct a thorough RECAST in about 2-3 hours while underway, not counting times spent at anchor or while fishing. All we ask is for some liquid refreshments that begin with "I" and end with "PA"...something like Lagunitas or Racer 5 IPA would suffice. So as not to inconvenience you or your crew, we will bring our own music to play via bluetooth on your stereo.

I'm confident that you'll be pleased to know that this opportunity has become available. I hope you accept this generous offer to provide a free RECAST on MTM Grand.

Note: Photographic documentation provided without request at no additional charge.

Last edited:
Love the cat.
Can't wait to hear more about it and your travels.

Welcome aboard.

OD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom