Old 02-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #61
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
It would be FAR better to start a new thread about this topic.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #62

City: Brick, NJ 08723
Thank You

Chaser3259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:22 PM   #63

City: Miami
Vessel Name: Son of the Beach
Vessel Model: Bertram/37 Convertible
New to the forum and very excited to learn from everyone. We are from Florida and currently looking for a 38' Californian to live on part-time. So, I guess this is the perfect forum to learn.

Thank you all for having us.
Julio and Nora
Nora0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:23 PM   #64
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Welcome aboard, Nora! Is that a 38 Californian Sedan? Saw one recently with Twin Cats that looked like a fun boat!
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #65

City: Kingson
Newest member

Directed to TF by good friend,,,,,looking forward to participating,,,,,Al G
Al Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #66

City: Newcastle, NSW
Another newbie from Australia

Hi to all.
Purchased my "Dream Boat" almost one month ago and am looking forward to spending time getting to know her better.
She is a 1985 Clipper 34 Mark III that appears to be pretty tidy overall but with room for more TLC and $$ of course.
"Happy Hour" will soon travel from Broken Bay (NSW) to Lake Macquarie - about (40Nm) where the family and friends are keen to enjoy what she has to offer.
I found this site by accident recently and it (along with YouTube) has provided much useful information to someone who knows very little about diesel engines etc etc.
Almost at retirement age now and I have owned many boats. Moving on from sailboats after a love affair with the wind in my face for the last 17 years has been an enormous leap of faith but I believe the benefits will be soon realised. Photo attached to prove it has happened and I do look forward to reading about the experiences of others as I go on my new journey on the water.

Some call me Captain Mac - but they laugh when saying it, I'm sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy Hour (R).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	82523  
Imacss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:26 AM   #67
Guru

City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imacss View Post
Hi to all.
Purchased my "Dream Boat" almost one month ago and am looking forward to spending time getting to know her better.
She is a 1985 Clipper 34 Mark III that appears to be pretty tidy overall but with room for more TLC and $$ of course.
"Happy Hour" will soon travel from Broken Bay (NSW) to Lake Macquarie - about (40Nm) where the family and friends are keen to enjoy what she has to offer.
I found this site by accident recently and it (along with YouTube) has provided much useful information to someone who knows very little about diesel engines etc etc.
Almost at retirement age now and I have owned many boats. Moving on from sailboats after a love affair with the wind in my face for the last 17 years has been an enormous leap of faith but I believe the benefits will be soon realised. Photo attached to prove it has happened and I do look forward to reading about the experiences of others as I go on my new journey on the water.

Some call me Captain Mac - but they laugh when saying it, I'm sure.
Mac, welcome to the group.
Yea, I know about that 'making the boat yours' with additional equipment and "STUFF". My best advice is, make a plan.... what do you want to do the first season and then what to do then next season etc. Generally speaking, based upon my own experience ..... when adding and modifying things to make the boat "yours", remember you are also preparing the boat for the next owner too. When you get started with the upgrades etc, it will be much easier to just 'bend over and grab your ankles.' There are people who keep an account on how much they have spent, I am not one of those people.
I have 'put a lot of perfume on the pig', my AT34. I have just 2 or 3 more things to do SMILE. Always just 2 or 3 more things to do. LOL
If the next owner is not satisfied, he should have bought a different boat. SMIRK
Upgrading my electronics is barely on the "List of things to do." IF I replaced all the electronics today, next year there will be "improvements." LOL So the next owner can complain about me and upgrade the electronics to his desire.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #68
Guru

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Welcome aboard.

Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote