Old 07-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #21
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post

Now where's Wifey B when I need her to assuage my guilt and shame and compliment my male confidence in my choice to wear pink?

We apologize for this break and now return to our original programming.
Wifey B: Sorry I missed it. Only real men have the confidence to wear pink. And really, the dudes who make fun of it.....doesn't it make you wonder just a bit about them....maybe a bit insecure themselves......just saying.

Pink shirt next, maybe? Would be cute....

Seriously I like color...not all the drab all the time. My hubby was drab before I took him shopping the first time and since then. That's like the deal where women are supposed to wear dark in winter and light in summer. I don't like dark. Give me color. Give me pizsazz. Spice. Variety is the spice of life.

Kudos to the pink hatter. Plus pink is a color for breast awareness and what man isn't aware of breasts.....hehe

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:33 AM   #22
Guru

City: Rio de Janeiro - Angra dos Reis
Vessel Name: Scoudrel's Lady
Vessel Model: Hi Star 55
Send a message via Skype™ to Alemao
Welcome aboard :-)

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Alemao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #23
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
I was alarmed to notice nearly 25% of Trawler Forum traffic comes to us via mobile devices. Mobile devices such as phones and tablets are great and I use them often myself. There are many shortcomings to this convenience that we all should be aware of regardless how we access the forum.

When accessing the forum through a web browser on a mobile device the "look" of the forum layout is identical to the view you would have on say a laptop computer however many of the features of the forum will not work as designed, the "Thanks" button is just one example. This is due to the fact that mobile devices have limited computing power and storage as compared to regular computers so the programs ran on them lose some of their functionality.

If you access your account through the "Trawler Forum App" on a mobile device the look and layout is quite different. App's remove all the extra stuff from the website and boil it down to just the pertinent info only. Signature lines at the end of posts do not show nor do post counts, geographic location of the poster, boat name or any other info contained in normal posts. You can view that info but must tap on the users avatar photo to bring up another screen showing a very basic profile. Font changes do not show in the posts in app but the new generation app does show font color other than black now.

No matter how you access the forum there is one feature I would like to point out to all new users, we have a "report post" function. The report post function is there for those times when you may take exception to what a poster wrote. Online bickering accomplishes nothing and only escalates trolling, seldom ends it. Click the "Report Post" icon and a pop up window opens asking for a brief description of the issue and alerts the Site Team to the issue. Seldom can we be all places at once so it is best to report the incedent rather than wait for one of us to stumble over it. This feature is most vital to help us do our job of providing you with a pleasant forum. Most folks do not realize this report post function also works for private messages too. It is rare but we have had incidents in private messages that needed to be brought to our attention. If you receive unsolicited solicitations for commercial services or threatening/nasty messages from someone on the forum please do not hesitate to report the message, when you do an "un-editted" copy of the message in question is forwarded to the Site Team for investigation and action as needed.

As always if you have any question regarding forum features, procedures or protocols please feel free to PM any member of the Site Team. Click on our name and select the "Send Private Message" option on the drop down screen that appears. ~Craig

Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:35 AM   #24

City: Marysville, OH
Vessel Model: None yet. Still looking.
Thanks for the welcome and it's good to be here.

This is the first forum I've ever joined so I'll apologize now for any dumb questions I'm bound to ask later on. My target for buying my first boat is a few years from now and I hope to gather much needed information and advice to help with that purchase.
X-nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:28 AM   #25

City: Pasadena, Maryland
Vessel Name: Querencia
Vessel Model: Mainship 400T
Well then....first, I doubt if I have ever felt so welcome.
Second, This forum has been of great assistance as I have navigated the boat yards
Third, I moved onto my 2003 Mainship Trawler yesterday, and this shall be my home
Fourth, in the winter my home berth shall be Near Jensens Beach, Florida
Fifth, when not in Florida, I shall be enroute there or back to my home berth in Pasadena, Maryland.
calypsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #26
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Congrats, and glad you found the forum helpful and welcoming.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #27
McK

City: Victoria

Hi!
We are near retirement. Living in Victoria BC Canada. Sold our 34' sailboat and wanting to buy a trawler.
Looking at a 36' Monk.
Like GB and Island Gypsy's as well.
Low on knowledge and comparisons.
So many questions.
Hoping over time I can get some help.
I believe I'm in the right place?
McK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #28
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
.....wanting to buy a trawler....Looking at a 36' Monk.
Like GB and Island Gypsy's as well.
For information and answers regarding Grand Banks boats I suggest you join the Grand Banks owners forum www.grandbanksowners.com Lots of very experiended GB owners there including some former shipwrights and the former owner of a boatyard that specialized in the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of GBs, both wood and glass.

We have owned our GB36, one of the first batch of fiberglass models of this boat that was built in 1973, since 1998. Good boats, very well made, but not as maintenance-free as some boaters would prefer to have.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #29
McK

Thank you
Old 11-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #30
Veteran Member

City: Victoria, BC
Vessel Name: Timeless
Vessel Model: CHB 34
McK, Welcome from another Victorian

Doug
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #31

City: Victoria BC
Vessel Name: LUCKY US
Vessel Model: American Tug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
McK, Welcome from another Victorian

Doug

What he said 😃
jukesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #32
Guru

City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
Welcome
Marin meant lots of information there not that we do not want you

LOL
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #33
Scraping Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by siestakey View Post
Welcome
Marin meant lots of information there not that we do not want you.
Correct. The GB owners forum is the place to go with quesitons specifically about that make, particulary to do with construction, repairs, parts, care and feeding, and so forth.

A more general forum like this one can yield good food for thought on subjects like navigation and communications equipment, anchors and ground tackle, windlasses, dinghies, and other kinds of hardware or maintenance techniques with common applications across product lines.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #34
McK

Wondering about Monk 36' 86 and 87
Anything would help.
Total beginner.

Thanks for the welcome guys...and the humor!
Old 11-13-2014, 10:46 PM   #35
Scraping Paint

McK--- Something you might want to do is look at David Pascoe's site on the web. http://www.yachtsurvey.com/boatrevie...boatreview.htm He's a retired professional surveyor, and he has lots of information about the pros and cons of a wide range of boats on his site. I don't know if he talks about the specific Monk(s) that you're interested in, but his site is probably worth a visit.

Pascoe is very opinionated and a bit full of himself, so it's probably smart to treat what he says as just one data point, not the end-all, be-all source of information. But he's been in the boat business for a long time and has learned a lot about the strong and weak points of a huge variety of boats. So it's a resource well worth perusing.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #36
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Maybe there is something in this topsy-turvy down-under situation being 180 degrees of separation in more ways than you would think. You Northern hemispherans say "end-all, be-all", we down here say "be-all, end-all". You say "could care less" re something which does not impress, we say "couldn't care less"…interesting…and the water does go down the plughole the other way round too, just like our cyclones, which twist clockwise, while you people call them hurricanes, and they twist anti-clockwise.

PS - thread hijack over, sorry…it just struck me is all...
Old 05-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #37

City: Key Biscayne
Thanks for the welcoming.

I a new member of this forum.

I live in Key Biscayne, Fl.

I have a 1980 PT 38 Europa Trawler with twin Ford Lehmans.

I am looking forward to sharing information on my boat.

Again, Thanks for the welcome.
Gustavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #38
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. You'll find a lot of Lehman owners here.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:24 AM   #39

City: Dunedin
Vessel Name: Te-anau
Vessel Model: Converted trawler
Hi , thanks for the welcome . This forum site is what I've been looking for. I'm based at the bottom of NZ and have just purchased a 53 ft vessel and hope to cruise to the Sth pacific eventually . I'm thankful that I've found a great forum .
Mike.
Te-anau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:35 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

So Te Anau/Mike, did you name the boat or did it come named? Not many will know it is a pretty NZ south island lakeside town, on route to Milford Sound. Once while visiting NZ for cycling, I took a ferry trip from Te Anau, towards Doubtful Sound, taking a bus ride over a pass on leaving the ferry, to overnight on a small commercial cruise boat for around 10 pax on mystical Doubtful Sound, and kayaking while unsuccessfully fending off sandflies. IMO, NZ has better alpine and lake scenery than Switzerland.

BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote