New member old sailor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tingum

Hello,
I just stumbled across this forum. I am a semi retired yacht captain, since 1978, living on Green Turtle Cay in the winters and summers in Western NC.

You'll probably like it here.

What's a yacht?

Not to naval architect George Buehler who said the "COOT is a medium sized Trawler Yacht ..." (Betcha that point of view applies to lots of boats.) ... and the Coot, with or without sails, is a not a sailboat.

We're anchored behind the south end of Stocking Island (Southern Exumas). The charts show a Green Turtle Cut to the west. Are we close?

Close is relative, however Green Turtle Cay is in Abaco. We are at "Plum Crazy", right in the middle of Coco Bay.

Welcome Tingum. I recognized you from the Abaco Forum. Green Turtle is one of our favorites. Have you been doing power, sail, or both?

More power than sail. Big sailboats will always be my favorite, especially for long trips, however there are many more power boats and they are more conditioned to spending money. Took a friends small trawler over to Sarasota, just missing the water spouts that hit the Cay! A good example of jumping through a weather window before it slammed shut.

More power than sail. Big sailboats will always be my favorite, especially for long trips, however there are many more power boats and they are more conditioned to spending money. Took a friends small trawler over to Sarasota, just missing the water spouts that hit the Cay! A good example of jumping through a weather window before it slammed shut.

Yeah, I saw the video of the water spout that came ashore on Green Turtle. It looked as if it was coming right to the festival at New Plymouth. Did you receive any damage at Coco Bay? It was pretty close in there.

Back
Top Bottom