New member looking for a trawler :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MVCalliroe

Hey there!

I'm new to the powerboat world, having experience with sails only.

I'm looking to buy a trawler and I'm in the research phase to see what boat will meet our requirements. Hope to be a contributing member of this forum and to be able to share my experiences :)

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your search.

Ted

Looking for a trawler is a mistake. Makers name everything under the sun trawler. Look for a boat that meets your needs regardless of what its called.

Looking for a trawler is a mistake. Makers name everything under the sun trawler. Look for a boat that meets your needs regardless of what its called.

So far the most suited thing based on my needs and budget (and reading around a lot) seems to be a Krogen 42. I'm going to write a longer post in a specific thread to see what people with more experience than me in the subject think.

But essentially yes, you are right :)

Last edited:
Welcome! I think I'd rather be boating the Mediterranean out of Livorno, Italy than the Mississippi River. Please enjoy it for the rest of us;)

Well, if you found a KK42, you'd find yourself in good company. Lots of KK owners here and lots more who are envious of their boat's comfort, capability and reliability. Hard to go wrong if the numbers work for you. The rest of us will just live vicariously through you KK owners!

We'll trade you a few words of wit and wisdom for lots of pics of your cruising grounds!

Welcome aboard the good ship Trawler Forum!!

Welcome aboard,
Searching for the right boat can be a lot of fun....and when you find the boat, the bliss begins.
Cheers,
Henry

Welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom