New Member in Jacksonville Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimTid

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lucy
Vessel Make
2003 Rosborough RF246
My boat is a 2003 Rosborough RF246 with twin 115 HP Suzuki outboards.
I have owned it for a year and keep it in a wet slip on the Saint Johns River at Jacksonville.
I recently retired and look forward to some travel by water. The small trawler suits me because I can single hand it and trailer it. Thanks to all that share their experiences on this forum.

Welcome to TF. I really like the Roseboroughs. How about some pictures?

Welcome aboard, and enjoy retirement! Sure makes extended cruising more possible.

If you find yourself thinking about cruising adventures in a more remote and less populated sort of place, you could consider this one: haul Lucy across country and poke around on the Inside Passage - it's a hoot, even in a small boat (ours were 22 and 26 feet).

Welcome neighbor. Where exactly do you keep her?

I love your boat as I think outboard trawlers of it's type make so much sense for many people, plus my wife thinks it's a very cute boat.

Welcome to the TF, JimTid. Glad to know there is another Jacksonvillian on here. Your taste in boats is beyond question - those Rosboroughs are handsome, salty-looking vessels with many things to like. She should run well with twin 115s. I'll be keeping an eye out for you and Lucy on the local waterways.

I posted photos in album

We are from SC but head north one year and south the next. One of our favorite marinas is The Marina at Ortega Landing in Jacksonville. We love cruising up the St. Johns River to Sanford, FL and have done it twice. If you like nature and wildlife, it's a great trip.

Back
Top Bottom