Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2018, 10:47 PM   #21
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Country: Bumpkin?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,288
Greetings,
Ms. mb. "...are head's are ready to spin off." Hmmm....I'm sensing some serious BO (boat overload). At this point, I would suggest you and your partner get comfortable, ice a bottle of your favorite beverage, a Chablis perhaps? and simply chill. Don't think about boats or anything for that matter. Maybe listen to some urhu tunes...Let your minds wander...



__________________
Advertisement

__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:59 PM   #22
Member
 
City: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 6
Guys i feel overwhelmed by the amount of travel and boats i know looked at .this was a long week over on the island.rebbeca picked two boats off craigslist and started this thread,i took her with me and i started having a laugh at looking for a boat through her eyes..its funny to hear her say hey check out that monk over there or ask a owner when they have pulled the boat last to paint and do you have a recent survey.i was a bit scared of how she might take to the water but after this trip she really is getting into this and its breathing knew life in to me,,the search goes on..weather it be wood or glass ,we cant afford new so i know all the boats i can get are a ongoing project some worse than others
__________________

mybeccca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:41 AM   #23
Guru
 
Lou_tribal's Avatar
 
City: Quebec
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybeccca View Post
Guys i feel overwhelmed by the amount of travel and boats i know looked at .this was a long week over on the island.rebbeca picked two boats off craigslist and started this thread,i took her with me and i started having a laugh at looking for a boat through her eyes..its funny to hear her say hey check out that monk over there or ask a owner when they have pulled the boat last to paint and do you have a recent survey.i was a bit scared of how she might take to the water but after this trip she really is getting into this and its breathing knew life in to me,,the search goes on..weather it be wood or glass ,we cant afford new so i know all the boats i can get are a ongoing project some worse than others
Just be careful enough not to fall into a never ending project

L
Lou_tribal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #24
Guru
 
Donna's Avatar
 
City: Palm Coast
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Southerly
Vessel Model: 1986 Marine Trader 36' Sundeck
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 944
Welcome aboard, ask away!
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #25
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,307
Welcome aboard eh?
__________________
And you folks thought I knew what I was talking about?
I do believe my intuitive gene has died.
OldDan1943 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #26
Guru
 
dhays's Avatar
 
City: Gig Harbor
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_tribal View Post
Just be careful enough not to fall into a never ending project

L
I think any boat is a never ending project. It is all a matter of degree.
__________________
Regards,

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
porman's Avatar
 
City: Duvall, Wa
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Beach Music II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 365
What Dave said!! On a side note, we will be entering BC day after tomorrow and spending the Summer there. I hope we don't get blamed for our fearless leader's actions.
porman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #28
Guru
 
koliver's Avatar
 
City: Saltspring Island
Country: BC, canada
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,675
Good idea to come to Canada now, with all the things your "fearless" is doing to p*ss everyone off, we may need to build that wall after all.
__________________
Keith
koliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:42 PM   #29
Member
 
City: Lk Charlevoix
Country: USA
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 7
Plenty of us aren't the least bit "pissed off" about lowest unemployment (blacks and women included) in decades, a 4.8% growth rate, efforts to stop the flood of illegal immigrants, attempt to get our deficit Trade balances under control, etc., etc., oh yea, there is the great likelihood that the Korean peninsula may actually become nuclear free.
Spweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:41 PM   #30
Guru
 
dhays's Avatar
 
City: Gig Harbor
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spweber View Post
Plenty of us aren't the least bit "pissed off" about lowest unemployment (blacks and women included) in decades, a 4.8% growth rate, efforts to stop the flood of illegal immigrants, attempt to get our deficit Trade balances under control, etc., etc., oh yea, there is the great likelihood that the Korean peninsula may actually become nuclear free.


And exterior teak is maintenance free.... ;-)
__________________
Regards,

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #31
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,510
Please don’t bring politics to TF. Don’t come here to read that crap.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #32
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comodave View Post
Please don’t bring politics to TF. Don’t come here to read that crap.
__________________
And you folks thought I knew what I was talking about?
I do believe my intuitive gene has died.
OldDan1943 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #33
Member
 
City: Lk Charlevoix
Country: USA
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 7
I agree Porman and koliver should not have brought it up. This site is not the place for political commentary.
Spweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:08 PM   #34
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spweber View Post
I agree Porman and koliver should not have brought it up. This site is not the place for political commentary.
Maybe on your second post, you should not point fingers...
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #35
Member
 
City: Lk Charlevoix
Country: USA
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 7
Never was good at beating around the bush. Nuf said.
Spweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:55 PM   #36
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comodave View Post
Maybe on your second post, you should not point fingers...
Looks to me that you’re not a moderator. “Should nots” would more approprately come from a moderator. But in your defense there was considerable talk about TF members “policing their own” ... but it was at least a few years ago.
But you’re right politics shouldn’t be here. Kinda like church and state .. forum and politics.
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:29 PM   #37
Guru
 
dhays's Avatar
 
City: Gig Harbor
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,138
Dang, we are all getting cranky. Must be a springtime thing.

Welcome to all of our Northern neighbors. I can’t wait to get back to BC in September. I LIKE Canadians! I enjoy spending my money there. BTW Keith, if Mr. Stable Genius’s trade war gets bad, let me know what you need and I can do a slow pass by your house and drop off some tariff free items.

As to boating, I’m sitting at the Tacoma Yacht Club outstation dock at Swantown Marina in the Port of Olympia. Lovely evening with the evening sun slanting through the clouds. My wife is drooling over what looks to be a Grand Banks 60+. Very nice boat.
__________________
Regards,

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:02 AM   #38
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
Looks to me that you’re not a moderator. “Should nots” would more approprately come from a moderator. But in your defense there was considerable talk about TF members “policing their own” ... but it was at least a few years ago.
But you’re right politics shouldn’t be here. Kinda like church and state .. forum and politics.
Does that mean that since you are not a moderator that you should not be admonishing me? I believe that politics should not be on the forum since the sides are so sharply drawn in the country. I come here to enjoy boating and to relax. I don’t often, as in I never have before, comment on political posts. I may never comment on them again, but then again I might when someone trots out political talking points. I never trot out my political views since it is no one else’s business what I think and I should not subject others to my views.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:03 AM   #39
TF Site Team
 
City: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,053
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Ok, so no harm in the odd tongue in cheek bit of banter, but the trouble is banter tends to grow legs. However, if we just move on now guys, we'll it'll all be good.
__________________
Pete
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
porman's Avatar
 
City: Duvall, Wa
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Beach Music II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 365
Sorry, haven't had internet coverage. I apologize for my previous comment. Didn't mean to start anything. Sitting in Ganges right now waiting for the winds in the Strait to calm down. Looks like maybe Tuesday.
__________________

porman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012