New Member from Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr SD. Be careful what you wish for....

prisonbargevernoncbain-2.jpg

The Vernon C. Bain on the East River NYC opposite Rikers Island and that ain't Will Riker from Star Trek.

Hey good point, but they don't go to Main Bay for snagging reds. By that time you may also be #5 on the Whitgit waiting list for a slip!!!:facepalm:

No kidding. I asked the harbormaster where I was on the wait list.
she said she hadn't given out any slips for 2 years now.

They are supposed to start working on repairing the harbor this year.

I sure wish they would follow the rules that they have.

Sd

No kidding. I asked the harbormaster where I was on the wait list.
she said she hadn't given out any slips for 2 years now.

They are supposed to start working on repairing the harbor this year.

I sure wish they would follow the rules that they have.

Sd

Yeah right! The Whigit harbor master follow the rules! Keep dreamimg.:ermm:

For those that what to know, Whittier Alaska has a small boat harbor. It take an average of 10-15 years to get a slip. To be put on the list it costs you $40 a year. This is the only harbor that has road access to western Prince William Sound (PWS), which is just south of Alaska's largest city, Anchorage.

Yeah right! The Whigit harbor master follow the rules! Keep dreamimg.:ermm:

For those that what to know, Whittier Alaska has a small boat harbor. It take an average of 10-15 years to get a slip. To be put on the list it costs you $40 a year. This is the only harbor that has road access to western Prince William Sound (PWS), which is just south of Alaska's largest city, Anchorage.

In Whittier I waited six years to get a 28' slip, then used that slip for several years.

When I enquired about the wait list for a 50' slip, the time was measured in decades.

I signed up for a 50' slip in Seward in 2010 and am right now awaiting my permenant slip assignment. I am #2 on the list. I'm expecting the slip assignment any day now as I know there are something like 6 openings this year.

I was very concerned leaving Whittier. I knew many of the other berth holders, and all of the harbor staff. I "lived" in Whittier harbor when I worked full time in Whittier at the Fiber optic submarine landing station there for several years. I felt like and wwas regarded as a local. I was very happy in Whittier.

What I found with Seward is that I should have moved there years ago. Ther docks are nicer, and having real stores nearby is something that really makes the experience better. Its also very nice being able to fish for salmon right outside the harbor in late summer. It does take me an extra hour to get to my boat in Seward, but the drive is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom