The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mariner88

Vessel Name
April Lesley Ann
Vessel Make
'69 Tollycraft 28'
Hello to all,
Just bought a '69 Tollycraft 28'. Not sure if she's a Royal Express or the standard Tolly. I've never owned a cruiser and this one needs plenty of work. I'm trying to figure out where to haul it out, Juneau, AK or Haines, AK.. Juneau has better mechanics but Haines is home.. I'm a bit overwhelmed but at the same time excited to have a project to get involved in. I know she'll require plenty of elbow grease and money, guess I'll take it one thing at a time.

Welcome Mariner
You might be interested in checking out the YouTube channel MV Jolly Mon. Lots of interesting videos about cruising on a nicely restored Tolly 28.

Welcome Mariner
You might be interested in checking out the YouTube channel MV Jolly Mon. Lots of interesting videos about cruising on a nicely restored Tolly 28.

Nice little videos that I’ve enjoyed. He seems to have gone silent recently. Something about taking off in an RV or something? His videos provide a nice look at number of the quieter destinations in the San Juans.

Nice little videos that I’ve enjoyed. He seems to have gone silent recently. Something about taking off in an RV or something? His videos provide a nice look at number of the quieter destinations in the San Juans.

He is quiet but around...we spotted MV Jolly Mon headed across the north side of Orcas Is this August toward the end of our vacation on AIS. He was ahead of us a mile or two and moving faster, and I haven't previously met him in person so didn't hail him...

Hello to all,
Just bought a '69 Tollycraft 28'. Not sure if she's a Royal Express or the standard Tolly. I've never owned a cruiser and this one needs plenty of work. I'm trying to figure out where to haul it out, Juneau, AK or Haines, AK.. Juneau has better mechanics but Haines is home.. I'm a bit overwhelmed but at the same time excited to have a project to get involved in. I know she'll require plenty of elbow grease and money, guess I'll take it one thing at a time.

Welcome to TF!

Really depends if you're gonna do the work or the mechanics! Yep, one thing at a time, start with the foundations and go from there. Here's the website for mvjollymon, a boat just like yours. He has a lot of links and reference material there you might find useful, if you haven't already found that stuff.

Post some pics here. We are all armchair boat repair advisors, and love to keep up on projects and see your boat!

Welcome aboard. I would have it close to home unless you are going to farm out all the repair work. As said before, we need photos...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom