The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joebad

Veteran Member
Hi we are Joe and Barbie Wilson. We are new to trawlers having ordered a 2016 Beneteau Swift 34 which gets delivered in September. We will start out at yacht basin in Ft. Myers to begin our lifelong dream of living in a boat in sw florida. We are nit new to boating there as we used to bring our Donzi 255LXC down for 2 weeks at a time. The Donzi had a big tank and cruised economically at 36 mph (59 top end) with a 225 mile range so we deadheaded Naples to Key West then went to our favorite place, Loggerhead Island and Ft. Jefferson. Now well have a real boat and if i can keep it to 8 mph we will have an 800 mile range. Trouble is my old nickame was wide open Joe. Now i am known as Joebad from my xbox days and i expect it will be Joebad the sailor before this adventure is over. We come from Danville (Indianapolis) Indiana. My grandparents lived in Naples and i spent a lot of time plying the waters from Key West to Sanibel. I became addicted to boats at age 3 and it is chronic and incurable. The "Sunset Grille" will be our third cabin cruiser and with our little fogs Crickie and George Harrison we will be all over the place, lots of overnight anchorages and trips. If you see us come on over. Theres always something in the wine cabinet, liquor shelf, and cooler (thus the reason for the ice maker)!!!! I will be looking for Ed Robinson to give him a case of Stella and to thank him for writing the Book!!!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435518396.195101.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1435518435.147660.jpg
Thiught to show Sunset grille 1 and Sunset grille 2.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the soon to be new boat! You'll enjoy the step up.

Congratulations on your new boat! Welcome to the forum! I winter in Fort Myers and should be down sometime after the 1st of November.

Hope to see you out there.

Ted

:hello:

welcome

we are a few towns north in Sarasota

and congrats

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom