New with hope to close a deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deanooo

Veteran Member
I've been following this forum on and off for a couple years. I've put an offer on a Californian 42 with hopes to secure the purchase within the next couple of weeks. I have enjoyed all the conversations and hope to draw from the knowledge of others to help me through the next few years. Then hopefully share my experiences with others. Cheers

Good luck, Deanooo! A Californian 42 is a great boat to fulfill your cruising dreams.

Welcome indeed. I just put in an offer on a boat today too, and hoping to be in contract shortly. So I know how you feel right now.

Good luck!

Richard

I'm in contract right now with a sea trial on Saturday. So pumped but cautious and hopefully prepared. There is so much to cover mind has gone to mush. Thank Richard

What motors and gears?

Twin 3208 cats NC. I haven't been on the boat yet. I put in an offer and it was accepted. Not sure of the gears as of yet.

I know those boats and the cats. Good luck!!:thumb:

Also, to both new boaters, welcome.

Any input Capthead would be appreciated. This is my first trawler and diesel propelled boat. I have been shopping for many years and hope this will be the one. I am also going to look up a Grand Banks 42 1972 twin lehmans here at home but the only draw back is my wife's fear of wood. I like both vessels and they are of similar cost, layout and equipment.

Californians are good sound vessels and capable coastal cruisers. The GB is considered a better boat but take it from me, wood boats are a lot of work. I'm just now getting my woodie to the completely sealed with epoxy over all wood state.

If you are handy at woodwork, have the time and really like the GB, it's a great choice. But, I think having a happy Admiral is always the best answer and as they say, Happy Wife, Happy Life.

What I found is not all Californians are alike so having a good surveyor that knows them is my advice, not just a good surveyor.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I have found the best epoxy for sealing wood, and my boat is 85% done before I finally found it.

I'll keep you in mind Capthead if my survey doesn't go well. I'm interested in this epoxy you found. I may need it. Thanks for the advise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom