New Guy here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktdtx

Guru
Vessel Make
24" El Pescador
Galveston Texas.
Wife and I just returned from Seattle area-mission was to narrow focus for acquiring a comfortable, reliable, safe boat for the Inside Passage trip.

Current boat situation is "down-sized" with a 24' Center Console suitable for Galveston's shallow bays.

KT welcome

this has been a great place for us to learn

Welcome. We are a days sail east, in Beaumont

Welcome, what did you find on your Seattle trip?

<<<Welcome, what did you find on your Seattle trip?>>>

Many things.
They have a LOT of gorgeous boats there and many are for sale and some seemed to be at good prices. Of course you don't know if you got a good deal until you've had the boat for a year or so.

I didn't need a salesman to make me want to move up in size and to exceed my budget--although they were more than glad to help.

We visited a few brokers in the Lake Union area then went up to Anacortes.
We were able to "feel" the boats, see and move in the floor plans where we would try to visualize living on it for a few months or longer. Hard for me to do that with internet photos and wide angle lenses.

Looked at boats from 39' to 61' and it didn't take long for us to have them all confused. Great, if busy, trip-even in the rain and cold. We are going back up for the Seattle boat show to continue "the process".

Welcome aboard

ktdtx, when I was boat shopping, as I got down to specific boat models, I created a kind of self survey form. Mainly so I could rely on something other than memory, especially comparing 2 boats of the same model. It concentrates your mind so you look around a boat with a purpose and to a system, you`ll have the same detail on each boat you seriously consider.

That sounds like a good idea.
Especially when you have 2 similar boats and something like the engine packages are very different or hours, electronics. etc.

Since you're in Galveston, we have a 1973 Gulfstar mark 1 trawler that we are finishing up some restoration before going on the market. It's in the yacht basin so let me know if it's the type of boat you're considering.

Thanks, we are currently looking at and considering a wide range.
Looking mostly at boats in the PNW as this is, at least initially, where we want to cruise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom