A new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FormerSailor

Shipmates,

I have been bitten by a radioactive trawler bug.

Every chance I get, I'm reading about life underway on the Loop or hanging on a hook somewhere. My wife is a landlubber so I'm still working on her.

I look forward to continuing to learn from y'all.

Semper Gumby,
andy

Shipmates,

I have been bitten by a radioactive trawler bug.

Every chance I get, I'm reading about life underway on the Loop or hanging on a hook somewhere. My wife is a landlubber so I'm still working on her.

I look forward to continuing to learn from y'all.

Semper Gumby,
andy

Welcome from a fellow forum newby, I recently joined after lurking for a few months.

I am in a similar boat (ha ha.) Except that my wife spent years in Alaska having to be aboard various sized vessels for work. If anything my job is harder, she already knows what she could be getting (back) into :angel:

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Mr. FS. If your wife's experience with boating has been with sail boats, I can fully appreciate her reluctance to "go there again". How about you rent a trawler for a week somewhere to show her it's not about cave dwelling, wet freezing cockpit ass and running around on a slippery deck fooling with strings.
If she's fully not on board, you never will be. At least not happily...

200.webp

Welcome aboard and good luck with living the dream.

Welcome, Good luck with your boat search.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my wife would rather be on the water than almost anywhere else.

Another one has seen the light! Welcome aboard!
The most important thing when choosing a boat is that it have the best anchor. Other members of this forum will be glad to guide you, just ask. ?

Welcome aboard TF
Only suggestion is spend more time & effort having a good time and showing the wife it really can be fun vs trying to convince her anything else about boating.
Listen hard before you formulate the plans to have some fun.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Mr. FS. If your wife's experience with boating has been with sail boats, I can fully appreciate her reluctance to "go there again". How about you rent a trawler for a week somewhere to show her it's not about cave dwelling, wet freezing cockpit ass and running around on a slippery deck fooling with strings.
If she's fully not on board, you never will be. At least not happily...

200.webp

RT,
You really should be immortalised.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom