new grand banks 42 owner from newport ri

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spartan

Hi everyone
I just bought a 1980 gb 42 in Stuart Fl where it will stay for the winter. I hope to sail it back to Newport this spring.
It is a 1980 boat the it has 2 newly rebuilt engines, replace fuel tanks, replaced decks, a phasor 9.5 gen with 160 hrs and a completely new rudder system.
I will be staying on board this winter to add an autopilot and touch up the varnish
Andy

Hi everyone
I just bought a 1980 gb 42 in Stuart Fl where it will stay for the winter. I hope to sail it back to Newport this spring.
It is a 1980 boat the it has 2 newly rebuilt engines, replace fuel tanks, replaced decks, a phasor 9.5 gen with 160 hrs and a completely new rudder system.
I will be staying on board this winter to add an autopilot and touch up the varnish
Andy

Welcome to the Forum

share some pictures and those Phasor's are great gennys

If you've not come across it yet, the best info and advice on every aspect of the care and feeding of Grand Banks boats can be found on the Grand Banks owners forum at [URL]http://www.grandbanksowners.com/index.php[/URL] This forum (TF) is excellent for information on a huge variety of boating topics, but if you need to know something specific to GBs, try the above forum if you haven't already joined.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,
Welcome. Where in Stuart are you docked? Howard

I will be at the Marriott at Hutchinson Island thru April.
I then begin my trip back to Rhode Island on the ICW

Just sayin' :D

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 170
Spartan,
We are at Sunset Bay Marina in Stuart and will head north to Westport CT in April as well. If you need any GB info. or just want to chat, send me a PM. Good luck with the new yacht. Howard

Back
Top Bottom