New to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JHP

Vessel Name
Uncorked
Vessel Make
Cruisers Yachts Cantius 45
New to forum, long time inland boater, recently moved to the river with new 45 Cantius. My wife and I have cruised PNW Desolation sound and another trip this May. Looking toward retiring on a boat and cruising for years. (Until tired or unable)
Exploring boat options for that time (est 4 years hence) and gaining experience. Looking forward to learning from the sagacious salts on this forum. Several good "reads" already in exploring the forum made me decide to join, thanks for the future insights.

JHP,
Welcome to the forum. I cruise through and in Desolation Sound every year. I am very fortunate in that regard. So much to explore and so much beauty in this area!:)
Take your time in deciding what brand/model of boat you want. There are many good choices out there. First, look carefully at what it is you expect, need, and want a boat to do. For example, are you looking to cruise locally or go further a field (like Alaska)? Do you plan to be aboard for months at a time, or only for a couple of weeks at a time? ETC. Once you have decided that part, you can then look at what brands/models will meet those expectations within your budget. Attend boat shows, walk the docks, talk to boat owners, ask lots of questions, read forums etc. Then you will have the best chance of making what will be a good decision for you.
Regards,
Tom

Back
Top Bottom