New to Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raffy

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lisa's Island
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4588
We have a 1989 Bayliner 4588 that we have completely restored which is our version of the trawler. We have put many hours into this vessel (which sunk in 2004 hurricanes) including new 3126 CAT engines, adding hard chines to the hull and extending the cockpit an additional 4ft with an enclosed dive platform, installing a half tower on the bridge, and completely replacing all of the interior items including wiring, gauges, appliances, air conditioning, and teak flooring. Last year I installed a Wesmar Bow thruster and new Kohler Generator. We love this boat as it has opening windows with great air flow when in the islands. I still travel at trawler speed most of the time 10-12 Knots but if needed she will get up and run close to 20 knots (bye, bye fuel). Looking forward to retirement so we can spend more time cruising and less time working.

Wow! Sounds like quite a boat! Love to see a photo.

Oh, and welcome aboard. :)

John

Wow! Sounds like quite a boat! Love to see a photo.
Ditto....I'm quite familiar with that model but always thought the cockpit was too small. Seems like you solved that.

To those TF members that have never been aboard a 4588, you can't possibly appreciate the "bang for the buck" you get in that boat. :blush:

QUOTE: I still travel at trawler speed most of the time 10-12 Knots

Wow! My trawler speed is 6 -7, that's flying LOL!! I love the big Bayliners. Enjoy!! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom