New boy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome! What desires, thoughts,dreams bring you here?

Carricko, welcome to TF. Also, what kind of boat do you have, where do you do your boating, etc.

Also #2, you really need to know that we have a standing rule on TF: without pictures it just didn't happen.

Seriously, we all like to see photos of where people boat, their boat, and them using it.

So welcome aboard.

Hi all, thanks for the welcome and apologies for the late reply.
A brief summary: Now aged 72 and not in the best of health, my boating is limited to the internet.
Originally from a UK East coast fishing port, my introduction to boating at the age of 14 was two days and a night on a North Sea seine netter, for which I got paid two cod fillets.
In the late '70's I moved to the South coast and have since owned a succession of boats (Grp and wood) the biggest being a 28 foot open boat with a Lister engine in the wheelhouse. Joined the Aux.Coastguard and learned a LOT. Have enjoyed some great days and nights in the Solent area just fishing and 'being there'.
I enjoy the TF site for the information etc, and discussions about boats like the Great Harbour range. All very enlightening.

Steve.

Hopefully you can do a little living vicariously here, and share some of your salty experience with us. We all love a good story here and we hope you enjoy ours...

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Steve. As Doug said. Enjoy the boating vicariously through the forum. There is no forum rule that says you must be a boat owner. :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom