Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-24-2014, 03:09 AM   #21
Guru
 
Giggitoni's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo, California
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,532
Here:

Duck38 study
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
Ray
"Mahalo Moi"
1986 GB-42 Classic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
Giggitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #22
Guru
 
City: NC
Country: US
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
For the Duck fans...these photos were taken in Von Donop Inlet (Desolation Sound BC) in late August 2013.
Interesting, there is another brown duck. The Luck Dragon is a darker brown than Kwakato.

Hmmmm....

Does one have a "problem" if you start to recognize certain boat models, how many are painted with certain colors, and worse, recognize individual boats?

Or is this just another symptom for Duckitis?

Later,
Dan
__________________

dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #23
Master and Commander
 
markpierce's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo CA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,262
Since Seahorse Marine custom paints their steel boats at no extra cost for the buyer, their Ducks and Coots are individually recognizable, unlike boats with the ubiquitous all-white scheme.

I have no problem with being readily recognized.
__________________
Kar-KEEN-ez Koot
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #24
Guru
 
City: NC
Country: US
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
Since Seahorse Marine custom paints their steel boats at no extra cost for the buyer, their Ducks and Coots are individually recognizable, unlike boats with the ubiquitous all-white scheme.

I have no problem with being readily recognized.
The colors really do make the boats recognizable.

I recognized the other Coot in the photo you posted earlier. We met the owners in Anacortes and the boat looks brand new! I ain't kidding either, that boat was immaculate. They had the boat for sale but I think they kept the boat in great shape as a matter of course.

The Kwakatu was on the hard in Anacortes when we where there so we had to go get photos. We kinda felt like stalkers or peeping toms taking photos through a fence one morning. Twas a hoot because while we were stalking Kawkatu, errr, taking photos, George Buehler drove by and honked at us.

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #25
Newbie
 
City: Las Vegas, NV
Country: USA
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
Mv moby duck pictures

For those of you who have asked about pictures go to ducktalk.net and go to the photo albums section and look for 462-14. My website mvmobyduck.com is currently under construction but also has some construction photos of my boat.
mv moby duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #26
Guru
 
City: NC
Country: US
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv moby duck View Post
For those of you who have asked about pictures go to ducktalk.net and go to the photo albums section and look for 462-14. My website mvmobyduck.com is currently under construction but also has some construction photos of my boat.
Moby,

Thanks for the info on your website. The info on getting to DD central will be very helpful.

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Diesel Duck's Avatar
 
City: discomfort.reactants.peanuts
Country: Colombia, South America and Huatulco, Mexico
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannc View Post
Moby,

Thanks for the info on your website. The info on getting to DD central will be very helpful.

Later,
Dan
@dannc:

You're too late! The gangs all here at DD central in Doumen, in fact, the soon to be owner of a highly modified DD462 sedan, Anders, along with Tom, the owner of the first DD542, departed yesterday. It's now just me and the owner of Moby Duck (462-14) here at the shipyard.

BTW, I found that getting here the first time was a piece of cake so you shouldn't have any problems.
Diesel Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #28
Guru
 
City: NC
Country: US
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Duck 492 View Post
@dannc:

You're too late! The gangs all here at DD central in Doumen, in fact, the soon to be owner of a highly modified DD462 sedan, Anders, along with Tom, the owner of the first DD542, departed yesterday. It's now just me and the owner of Moby Duck (462-14) here at the shipyard.

BTW, I found that getting here the first time was a piece of cake so you shouldn't have any problems.
The trip from HK LOOKS simple, I guess we are about to find out!

Is the 542 still there? I really would have liked to have seen the sedan! Tell Anders to bring it back to the boat yard! Is he going to Hong Kong for awhile or going to Subic?

Later,
Dan
__________________

dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diesel duck, diesel duck 462, motorsailer, nordhavn 55

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012