New 40' sundeck MT owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrawlinB

Vessel Name
Aurora
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 40' sundeck
Hello everyone, I just wanted to drop a note to intro myself. My name is bryan and im a new owner of a 1984 40' sundeck Marine Trader. I couldn't be happier with the space and storage availability. I am moving up from a 25 hunter sailboat. I will post up pictures in a little while.

This will be my residence on the St johns river/ southern areas. I will have lots a questions and hope to hear from everyone...

HI :)

If anyone is ever near Monroe Harbor shoot me a message im a very friendly outgoing person, my GF and I will reside on the boat year round and look forward to the trawler lifestyle

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to the pics!

Welcome Bryan. We lived aboard a 25' Coronado sailboat before crossing over to the dark side. Quite a change. You will love it.

I didn't know Coronado made a 25'... 24' or 26' perhaps?

That small and a foot matters a lot!

I didn't know Coronado made a 25'... 24' or 26' perhaps?

That small and a foot matters a lot!

They made lots of 25s. It was a popular model. I walked around Marina Del Rey the other day and saw two of them.

MVC-009F.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome and glad to have you aboard the forum. We are hoping to make the move to the St. Johns ourselves but quite a bit north of Lake Monroe. As a kid, the family used to boat from Lake Poinsett to Lake Monroe in a 16' outboard with a cabin. It was a woodie made in St. Cloud, a Regal Line Lancer. Often wondered if they were the predecessor to Regal Boats but I suspect not.

we am hoping to make the move to the St. Johns also but quite a bit north of Lake Monroe.

some pictures of the boat finally after some friends helped me with welding, got the grill set up :) will be looking forward to grilling out on the sundeck and relaxing...

many engine issues to fix ahead however :( hoses are all cracked n leaking, and the shutoff switch for the engine will not operate. :( oye

Attachments

• 5048038_20150404063510454_1_LARGE.jpg
    5048038_20150404063510454_1_LARGE.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 95
  • FB_IMG_1435083060022.jpg
    FB_IMG_1435083060022.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 00u0u_hEWcDYQqdbh_600x450.jpg
    00u0u_hEWcDYQqdbh_600x450.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 11401020_1453435334972863_6307113828003468220_n.jpg
    11401020_1453435334972863_6307113828003468220_n.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hey Bryan, welcome. Drove past your boat tonight. Looks great. Going out Saturday for the fireworks?:)

Welcome

We have been aboard our 40 MT sundeck for 5 years now and have had many adventures. I miss our sailboat but the wife loves the space and the sundeck. Cruised the St John's recently and loved Sanford and the lower river. Our boat was a pound rescue having sat up 7 years with no one aboard. Lots of sweat equity. If you have questions this is the place for answers.

@ TheOffice

Create, Share, Enjoy!

Welcome from one MT owner to another

Welcome aboard. We hope to make it down to the St. Johns on our return from the Chessie. We love our aft cabin, just make sure you like climbing stairs.

hey everyone, thank you for the responses.... I look forward to meeting as many people as I can :)
Thanks to brian @ American diesel I have fixed my leaking issues with the water pump hoses. and now my diesel is purrin....

Hey Bryan, welcome. Drove past your boat tonight. Looks great. Going out Saturday for the fireworks?:)
we will be at the marina, but not going out on the lake ill probably take the tender out or my sailboat.,.... to much hassel to deal with since they put such a strict time frame on when you can motor out/in. Id rather be at the dock incase I have to leave.... we shall see though....

does anyone happen to have an idea how much it costs to enclose the sundeck to the fly bridge with u shaped screens/zip ins.? or have a recommendation of where I can call to get these I see a lot of MT have the flybridge enclosed to the sundeck and the sundeck all covered up.

Welcome aboard. We hope to make it down to the St. Johns on our return from the Chessie. We love our aft cabin, just make sure you like climbing stairs.
We love it too. lol the stairs don't bother me. I will gladly take the stairs over a small crammed aft stateroom...

Welcome aboard Bryan.
Be happy with yor new floating home

Back
Top Bottom