Old 06-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #1

City: vincent
Long time lurker, first time poster

Hey everyone.... If there was an award for the most posts read before posting, I might be in the running! I've been reading for two years, joined last November and I'm just now posting for the first time. My wife Michelle and I have been looking for a boat for a year and I think we might have a deal made on one. I'm not letting the cat out of the bag until we sign the papers, so I can't tell you about it quite yet. But.... I think it might be familiar to some of you on here.
Oh... BTW.... Green as grass. That's how expierenced we are at boating. First boat bigger than a John boat for either of us. I told the insurance company that I've been reading TF for a couple of years. They told me "You're not Tom Cruise and this ain't Days of Thunder"
Kona Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Ah. So you're buying a cat huh? http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s...1-a-14905.html
Old 06-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #3

City: vincent
I've read boat search 101 10 times!
Kona Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your purchase, hope it goes well.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:38 PM   #5
Guru

City: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
Vessel Name: Capricorn
Vessel Model: Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
It might be smarter to post what you are in the process of buying as you might learn of some issues with that particular boat you might not otherwise think of, nor by the way, your surveyor.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

City: Portland, TN
Vessel Name: Roundabout
Vessel Model: 2000 Donzi Z275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona Guy View Post
Hey everyone.... If there was an award for the most posts read before posting, I might be in the running! I've been reading for two years, joined last November and I'm just now posting for the first time. My wife Michelle and I have been looking for a boat for a year and I think we might have a deal made on one. I'm not letting the cat out of the bag until we sign the papers, so I can't tell you about it quite yet. But.... I think it might be familiar to some of you on here.
Oh... BTW.... Green as grass. That's how expierenced we are at boating. First boat bigger than a John boat for either of us. I told the insurance company that I've been reading TF for a couple of years. They told me "You're not Tom Cruise and this ain't Days of Thunder"
Welcome. And thanks for your first post. I myself was on here along time before I posted. Since I've joined I bought my first powerboat. It took almost a year of research and boat crawling to find the right one. That in itself is an education. I am blessed that my husband is mechanically inclined. He always looked at the engines, batteries, etc. Several times we got excited only to be disappointed by something wrong deep in the belly of the engine compartment.

It is an exciting journey, becoming a cruiser. We went on our first multi night cruise Fathers
Day week. It was great. Going out again in a few days.

Again, Welcome, see you on the water
Sparks5501 is offline   Reply With Quote