Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratesailor

Hello.. Lifelong sailor here and now looking/researching a trawler. Plan would be the loop and Caribbean. I ran across this site and found great info on a few boats. Not ready to make the step quite yet but giving it some serious consideration.

Personally, I really like the DeFever line and some of the more traditional trawlers. Obviously for me fuel consumption is a consideration as is room.. I'm 6'6"... Crawling into small places at my size and age are a thing of the past.

Looking forward to reading and learning.

Personally, I really like the DeFever line and some of the more traditional trawlers. Obviously for me fuel consumption is a consideration as is room.. I'm 6'6"... Crawling into small places at my size and age are a thing of the past.

DeFevers fit big people quite well. They are well designed for offshore work and long distance travels. As always though, prior owner care and maintenance will tell the tale.

You're right. Like any previously owned boat, sail or power, it's how it was maintained by the PO.

welcome aboard, mate...

New member also... this forum has been a great place for information and some fun boating humor...:thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom